Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
In the refs defense, look at all the **** they took in football for making the correct call in Minnesota. Imagine what would happen if the slapped a T on their golden child.

I was always an ISU fan, but didn’t hate Iowa when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s. I’m still trying to figure out when they became Douche U. They are the luckiest school going now as far as actual performance vs results, but act like they are Alabama getting screwed out of NCs left and right.
This is obvious - HAYDEN FRY. Up 35 points in the 4th qtr still isn't a big enough win against ISU - gotta keep the foot on the pedal and push that lead to 50+. Hok fans ate that crap up (forgetting just how awful of a program they were during the 60s-70s). Many Hok fans that are my age are still brainwashed by the 80-90s era Hok dominance.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
I wasn't able to watch the game, we were driving back from NE Iowa, listened to it, but I have no doubt that the rest of the world now sees and judges her as you do, lol.
Gonzo, you shouldn’t have engaged. You should’ve engaged about how you beat Iowa State in the wresting nationals and had any wrestling champions and are heading to the sweet 16 in men’s basketball. Sorry, you didn’t . In another thread, I guess.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Probably trying to avoid death threats.

They kind of laid off that OSU fan after further video review. But they were going to track down Cyclone Alley kid and get him expelled
Yeah, i just think of the wallet their fan stole, their band incident at ISU, the Stanford band. They cause all these problems themselves, then ***** and whine about it nationally like some major crisis. And this is coming from a guy who lives in Illinois. As much as Iowa wants to claim they are a national force, I had to go to the internet today to find out if CC and the wonen’s team won yesterday.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I wasn't able to watch the game, we were driving back from NE Iowa, listened to it, but I have no doubt that the rest of the world now sees and judges her as you do, lol.
You’re still avoiding the question. There are plenty of links to videos of CC’s actions today. Surely you have seen them. So what is your opinion? Just curious to know how Iowa fans are perceiving her actions today

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Up 20 points against a 16 seed and crying to her daddy in the crowd. Can’t wait to see her melt down in the WNBA

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
This is obvious - HAYDEN FRY. Up 35 points in the 4th qtr still isn't a big enough win against ISU - gotta keep the foot on the pedal and push that lead to 50+. Hok fans ate that crap up (forgetting just how awful of a program they were during the 60s-70s). Many Hok fans that are my age are still brainwashed by the 80-90s era Hok dominance.
This.

Fry and UoI meticulously and patiently created/cultivated a virus in the 80’s. It continues to spread, with no vaccine likely any time soon.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fat jokes are an odd way to "lift up" someone.

I do think in the aggregate there will be less vitriol for Audi purely due to the difference in personalities.
That and the Iowa media won't shove a feeding tube down your throat and force feed it to you like they do with Clark.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This.

Fry and UoI meticulously and patiently created/cultivated a virus in the 80’s. It continues to spread, with no vaccine likely any time soon.
Had Barta stayed on as AD & signed Kirk and Fran to LIFETIME coaching contracts, that may have helped to turn more Hoks away from their superiority complex. A cousin of mine (HUUUGGE basketball fan) who was one of the reasons I came to loathe the Hoks, turned his allegiance to the Cyclones (sometime after Hoiberg was hired) because of how mediocre Iowa has been in Basketball since Tom Davis left. In essence, he couldn't bear the constant disappointment of post season basketball. That's just one case - but, I agree with your assessment that you really can't cure Hok delusion.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
So, pardon me, this is my first intrusion into this thread. I have never watched CC play, although I have a basic understanding of her talent.

Gotta admit, though, I just haven't got a clue why ISU people are so overwhelmed by who she is. I assume she is one in a million. But she is not our one in a million. Let those crazy people have her. She is not ours.

Myself, I don't care who she is. Let her be who she is on the national stage, why should that involve us?

JMO.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That 3rd video.. the official was asking for the ball, and she head butted it into the crowd. Should have been an immediate technical... but of course nothing called.

PR wise- it was a horrible day for CC. Just a really bad look all day. It was bad enough that the media finally started saying something about it... FINALLY!

You could tell her Dad didn't like it, Bluder didn't like it, and the media didn't care for it to finally comment on it. She's a big baby.
Let’s not pretend that Bluder has ever tried to reel Clark in.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Holy Cross girls at least look like they're having fun win or lose today even though it's a road game.

You couldn't have paid me to suit up for "Longwood" to play 1seed Houston yesterday at a neutral sight, that was basically forced corporal punishment.
Holly Cross' coach. She looked good.

Reactions: Cytown12

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron