Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I was actually impressed that the Big 10 Men’s final drew that well since it was kind of a meaningless game and the Big 10 was really down this year. Guess there is a reason why the Big 10 gets such large media deals and why they choose to play their title game on Sunday.

The B1G title game couldn't be in a better time slot and on a better network to get ratings. They are up against no other men's college basketball games, it's on CBS, and their game leads right into the selection show. Put the SEC, ACC, Big East, or Big 12 in that exact time slot, and I would bet the ratings are very similar.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It was the only game on a Sunday, on CBS.
Big 12 was sat night on ESPN, during arguably one of the top 2 party nights of the year…. St Patrick’s day. The bar I was in had all TVs including large projection and a wall of 4 90”+ TVs. Probably, 300 + ppl … every one watching the game.
How do they count that …. ?
Ratings aren't a count, they're an estimate based off extrapolating off the viewing habits of I think like 25000 people they measure.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was the only game on a Sunday, on CBS.
Big 12 was sat night on ESPN, during arguably one of the top 2 party nights of the year…. St Patrick’s day. The bar I was in had all TVs including large projection and a wall of 4 90”+ TVs. Probably, 300 + ppl … every one watching the game.
How do they count that …. ?
People do understand that the ratings are based off of like 4500 (might be 45k) households viewing habits, right? The Nielsen’s contracts with these households and then uses statistics/demographics to extrapolate numbers. My sister used to work for them. So places like bars are estimated by what they think would usually be on at those and how many people would go to watch.

If you turn 25 TVs in in your house, it means nothing.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
4,500 at 5k tuition (think my daughters is about 5500) is more like 22-23MM. Not sure where they are getting 11,000 for tuition. Must be Illinois people.
I don't know what school your kids are going to but $5,500 is the tuition for a single semester at ISU...

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
This clip from Audi speaks to the joy in which she plays the game and lives life. She is so fun to watch. Caitlin could learn some life lessons from Audi.

Truly a joy to watch play the game, she is so genuine, and honest, just a great teammate. She really is a generational talent….
Soooo different than the ego driven maniac out east

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This clip from Audi speaks to the joy in which she plays the game and lives life. She is so fun to watch. Caitlin could learn some life lessons from Audi.

Audi says your body language says a lot about you... and she's right. CC has horrible body language on the court.

And as I've said numerous times on this thread.... she's the only one like that on that Iowa team... so don't give me the "you just don't like her because she's on Iowa" thing. I have no issue watching anyone else on this Iowa team play the game.

Reactions: joefrog

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
How many 40-point games CC had as a freshman in the tourney?