Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The average Iowan won't care about the WNBA either...
I guarantee the average Iowan doesn't really give two ***** about women's basketball or Caitlin Clark. Do most Iowns know who she is? Sure, the local news shoves her down our throats. But does the average Iowan really give a ****? No. Don't get pissy, because you know it's true.

Dec 12, 2020
Apologizes if this has been said.......

Can't stand her and never could stand her....

Do you ever see teams do much to SLOW her down?? Double team? Triple team....trap her......make her give up the dam ball.....Do they NOT think she is going to let it fly fi she has ANY space at all?? How about the help side when she is shooting RIGHT handed layups.....MY GOD! How about arm barring her everytime she comes through the lane or cuts....How about laying her ASS out when she comes in the lane.....Put some dam FEAR in her head......

I turn the channel every time I see her face....Can't stand her....Nasty, Nasty, B*****! and all about herself.....

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Do you ever see teams do much to SLOW her down?? Double team? Triple team....trap her......make her give up the dam ball.....Do they NOT think she is going to let it fly fi she has ANY space at all?? How about the help side when she is shooting RIGHT handed layups.....MY GOD! How about arm barring her everytime she comes through the lane or cuts....How about laying her ASS out when she comes in the lane.....Put some dam FEAR in her head......

I turn the channel every time I see her face....Can't stand her....Nasty, Nasty, B*****! and all about herself.....
Wow!! Get a grip.

• Winner
Reactions: 7Got6 and 1776

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

Might be time to step away from the keyboard and possibly sports in general.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6 and 1776

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You tell me... why would CC run completely away from her teammates to celebrate on her own?

When I saw it happen, I thought Clark was celebrating with the fans. Not on her own and not away from her teammates. She was just enjoying the moment with the fans . . . and more importantly, giving them what they came to see. This criticism of her behavior after the game-winning shot is just silly. That is not something that I consider problematic at all.

P.S. And I'm the one who was yelling "Caitlyn" at New Hampshire's #4 in the men's game when he complained after every whistle and even threw a few chicken wings.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
When I saw it happen, I thought Clark was celebrating with the fans. Not on her own and not away from her teammates. She was just enjoying the moment with the fans . . . and more importantly, giving them what they came to see. This criticism of her behavior after the game-winning shot is just silly. That is not something that I consider problematic at all.

P.S. And I'm the one who was yelling "Caitlyn" at New Hampshire's #4 in the men's game when he complained after every whistle and even threw a few chicken wings.
But she does it all the time lol

• Creative
Reactions: 1776 and Cyhig

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

That’s your opinion. I respect it. I had a different interpretation which I thought seemed to fit her on court behavior as well

• Friendly
  • Haha
Reactions: 1776 and GT25Ump

isu81

Mar 6, 2013

Joensy- that you?

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Yeah, you said "running away to celebrate on your own shows your true character." That's exactly what Purdy did there.
I think you should consider changing your name to Gumby because that is one helluva stretch.

Guess that's why the Hoks are undefeated in mental gymnastics.

Reactions: BACyclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It's part of the game and has been for as long as star players have existed in basketball. Selling fouls when you feel contact is taught in high-level basketball now. You may as well get used to it.

What's funny to me is anyone on a non-biased, national scale doesn't seem to have an issue with the way she plays. I don't see some sentiment from non-Iowa State fans that her complaining is over the top or that she's a "bad role model". I gauruntee if she played for Notre Dame or something you'd have no issue with it.
Once you are out of the state of Iowa no one cares.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
We're like three pages away from her setting kittens on fire and pushing old ladies out of the way...

Was this a reference to the Seinfeld episode where George sets the kitchen on fire? Autocorrect get you?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

On my first reading I pictured you actually throwing chicken wings at the guy and I thought, “Don’t waste your wings like that!” Then I realized what you meant, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Cycsk

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
On my first reading I pictured you actually throwing chicken wings at the guy and I thought, “Don’t waste your wings like that!” Then I realized what you meant, lol.
Locked and loaded...

1704373998774.png

Attachments

• 1704373956295.png
    1704373956295.png
    953.4 KB · Views: 3

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Some sort of line has been crossed

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I guarantee the average Iowan doesn't really give two ***** about women's basketball or Caitlin Clark. Do most Iowns know who she is? Sure, the local news shoves her down our throats. But does the average Iowan really give a ****? No. Don't get pissy, because you know it's true.
The average Iowan? Do you think the average Iowan cares any more about the incredible season Haliburton is having in the NBA? Or Purdy potentially being the NFL MVP? Keegan Murray dropping 47 a couple weeks ago? Or Kittle having an All-Pro type season and starting the pro bowl? Cmon, she as much on the average Iowan's radar as any one of these guys

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The average Iowan? Do you think the average Iowan cares any more about the incredible season Haliburton is having in the NBA? Or Purdy potentially being the NFL MVP? Keegan Murray dropping 47 a couple weeks ago? Or Kittle having an All-Pro type season and starting the pro bowl? Cmon, she as much on the average Iowan's radar as any one of these guys
She is way bigger than those players in Iowa. She has crossed over from sports to pop when it comes to Iowa.