WNBA 6,615
NBA 18,322
2023 ave. ticket price:
WNBA cheapest team - expensive team $24-73
NBA cheapest team - expensive team $138-$611
Reg season games:
WNBA 36
NBA 82
So an NBA team averages 2.28x as many games with 2.77x as many fans with a ticket that is 5.75 to 8.37x as expensive. So very coarsely that is $36.31 to $52.86 of team NBA ticket revenue for every dollar of team WNBA ticket revenue. And that isn't even counting the difference in ancillary revenue such as TV revenue, sponsorships, merch sales and F&B. Keep in mind that empty seats don't buy beer, hot dogs or popcorn.

I'm pretty sure there are some out there that would take money from Lebron James and give it to WNBA players if they could. Can't pay players money you don't have without further subsidization.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I saw that Caitlyn blocked Antonio Brown because he tweeted:

"Caitlyn Clark looks like she keep it hairy"

And also:

"Cracker of the day. #CTESPN"

:oops:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We'll see if it's a "rising tide raises all ships" situation or not. I lean towards not but who knows.
I lean toward not as well, especially when people start to realize that she is just another player in the wnba and not this goat that the media has painted her into being

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think the entire WNBA will be out, in a sense, to knock CC down a few pegs. I could be dead wrong, but I think there are going to be a LOT of WNBA players that don't feel like she deserves all these huge sponsors and millions she's raking in, and will be out to put her in her place.

Anyone feel similarly, or am I way off base?
No doubt she'll run into a lot of that. But her teammates will have her back.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I think the entire WNBA will be out, in a sense, to knock CC down a few pegs. I could be dead wrong, but I think there are going to be a LOT of WNBA players that don't feel like she deserves all these huge sponsors and millions she's raking in, and will be out to put her in her place.

Anyone feel similarly, or am I way off base?
I think this is pretty clear from some of the comments current and former players have made.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah the same game where Arike was ejected, I think a couple of Chicago players who left the bench were fined and one of those was suspended for a game. College officials seemed to have a different rule book for CC, guess we’ll see if the WNBA follows suit or just keeps hyping her in an attempt to finally make money.
This was in response to court storming so I was talking about fans.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Another poster said that they wish CC would tear an ACL. I would rather have Connor knock her up. Either way, it's a 1 year situation of no CC on the court.
I think both are absolutely appalling to suggest. 1 - Never wish an injury on any player, even if you hate them. 2 - The offspring of a CC/JorBo mix may break the laws of the universe and nobody should be subjected to that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think it’s kind of funny that Hawkeye fans didn’t even know who she was until she was a junior.
I, unfortunately, knew who she was as a freshman. I was listening to the radio feed of the ISU @ Iowa game and the ISU women were rolling. And then some freshman absolutely took the game over for Iowa. She had 4 points in the first and another 4 in the second. She kept Iowa in it in the 3rd scoring 12 and then she delivered the dagger scoring 14 in the 4th.

Not living in Iowa, I had never heard of her before this.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Saw a yahoo article about people including the POTUS being shocked at wnba low pay.

Feel like the "landed on the moon" gif from dumb and dumber needs to go out to all these people.

It's hardly breaking news.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron