NFL: Tim Tebow is back!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm pretty indifferent about this. I was a fan of his back in his heyday.

He's a good athlete, phenomenal leader. We will see if he's a decent TE. I'm sure if he does absolutely anything the media will blow it up 10-fold. Like his first at-bat for AAA baseball hitting that homerun. I kind of see his TE NFL career going about like that. Brilliant flash (like, one touchdown catch) and everyone over-hyping him. Then fizzles out.

Best of luck to him. Anyone that has met him has nothing but great things to say about him. It's the media's fascination about him that caused people to dislike him.

I think Seneca might have got more snaps but not more money at slot receiver. He was one of the better backup QBs for quite a while.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Roster spots are really valuable in the NFL though. You don't have many of them that you can mess around with. You only get 53 active roster spots and only a maximum of 48 can dress for a game. Teams usually only keep 3-4 tight ends in the roster to begin with and you might have 3 of them on the field at a time, depending on the situation. There's not a lot of room for gimmick players who can't play.

Tebow is shorter than average for the position, lighter than average, and at 4.7 in the 40 was just average speed for the position, and that's assuming he hasn't slowed down since his combine workout eleven years ago. And with tight ends, the slower guys tend to be the bigger ones who focus on blocking, while the smaller guys are the fast ones. Tebow is the inverse of that: a short, light, slow tight end. Hard to see where he fits.

If he can play, so be it. Good on him. But if you're only giving him a 53 man roster spot as a gimmick to sell jerseys, it is not a good move if you want to actually win football games.

What did Soehner run?

If their speed is remotely comparable there's no way Tebow is the tight end he is.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What did Soehner run?

If their speed is remotely comparable there's no way Tebow is the tight end he is.
I think he was a little slower. Like 4.8 or 4.9, but he was also quite a bit bigger as well.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Tim Tebow never blocked before. Never played special teams. Never tackled a guy. Only an idiot would think Tebow would be able to play TE at the professional level. Tebow is a 34 year old washed up QB who did not have the skills to be a good professional QB. If his name was not Tebow he would not even be considered.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Tim Tebow never blocked before. Never played special teams. Never tackled a guy. Only an idiot would think Tebow would be able to play TE at the professional level. Tebow is a 34 year old washed up QB who did not have the skills to be a good professional QB. If his name was not Tebow he would not even be considered.
I remember watching Hard Knox on HBO with the Miami Dophins. During camp a new guy showed up. He was freak athlete, incredibly fast for his size. They were going to put him at TE. If you have never blocked before, it does't matter what physical skill you possess, you are not going to do well going against elite football players who have been playing for years. He just couldn't pick up the blocking part so they let him go.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored