Tiktoker Gfed trys to "walk on" at Jack Trice

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Gfed is a Tiktoker that travels around the country trying to get on to any D1 football field in the area. He just posted one at Trice.

Doesn't hurt anything so I guess it's alright.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Does he say nice things everywhere hoping to minimize the potential of charges?

From what I understand he isn’t technically doing anything illegal. He’s going through open doors in public buildings and it’s not trespassing unless he’s asked to leave and doesn’t. I could be wildly wrong but that’s what I’ve read.

• Informative
Reactions: JBone84

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I've walked onto a couple fields while no one was there, but never just started walking through buildings. Security on an open structure like a stadium is tough.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
hopefully something like this isnt what gave someone the idea of stealing the equipment from Soldier Field.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Met him at the Iowa game. Cool guy and was complimentary of ISU.

You would be shocked by how easy it is to get onto a lot of college fields. Got onto Wake Forest, Duke and UNC’s this winter very easily

Reactions: qwerty

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Since I believe the statute of limitations applies, I can confess that my roommate somehow knew how to turn on the lights at the stadium (then called Cyclone Stadium) and my group of friends had a late night scrimmage on the field under the lights. That was equally pretty cool and stupid at the same time.

Reactions: cytor

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Since I believe the statute of limitations applies, I can confess that my roommate somehow knew how to turn on the lights at the stadium (then called Cyclone Stadium) and my group of friends had a late night scrimmage on the field under the lights. That was equally pretty cool and stupid at the same time.
6a8db507-8de3-498f-a425-e2f9d9a18916_text.gif

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
From what I understand he isn’t technically doing anything illegal. He’s going through open doors in public buildings and it’s not trespassing unless he’s asked to leave and doesn’t. I could be wildly wrong but that’s what I’ve read.
We used to get on the field all the time in the early 80’s. Used to play football games on Sundays.
Turf was HARD!

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I also think he usually has some people help him with what he's doing. I know of at least one instance where he received help from fans.

That being said, I graduated in 2014 and did a lot of work in Jacobsen (not with the football team, before the tunnel and recent renovations) and I was always shocked at how open and easy it was for the public to get in. My assumption was that they just always had people around to make sure nothing bad was happening.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We used to get on the field all the time in the early 80’s. Used to play football games on Sundays.
Turf was HARD!
I went on the field once when I was a kid and they had that astro turf. It was like a thin piece of carpet over concrete. I can't imagine how a player would feel after playing a game on that crap.