Tight end play

nocsiou

Sep 6, 2010
Pretty much every position group and lots of individual players have stepped up their game. QB, RB's, line play, receivers, DB's have all had some really good moments.

Luke Wells and his tight ends better start bringing some easy outlet passes in conference play. They have continued to drop balls when they do get open and it just plain needs to get better.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Pretty much every position group and lots of individual players have stepped up their game. QB, RB's, line play, receivers, DB's have all had some really good moments.

Luke Wells and his tight ends better start bringing some easy outlet passes in conference play. They have continued to drop balls when they do get open and it just plain needs to get better.

I just don't know we have the talent there right now. The ball to Hammer needs to be caught. Steele, I imagine, threw that ball knowing the defensive player wasn't looking and put his faith there. It is pretty evident to me that Steele has a lot of faith in his recievers, especially Money but the TEs need to step up.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
This is about the only position group I was worried about coming into the season. Big boy's I figured they could block, however their receiving has left me curious. Whether it's talent or coaching, something no matter how the season ends, needs to be looked upon.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
What about Brun? I have hopes for him at least in the receiving part.

Maybe with 2 weeks off more guys will work their way into playing time.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I just don't know we have the talent there right now. The ball to Hammer needs to be caught. Steele, I imagine, threw that ball knowing the defensive player wasn't looking and put his faith there. It is pretty evident to me that Steele has a lot of faith in his recievers, especially Money but the TEs need to step up.

Hammerschmidt probably has a better chance to catch the ball if the defender doesn't knock him off the ball by throwing a shoulder into his ribs before the ball arrived. It probably takes a second look to see the interference that should have been called, but it was there. Of course he could have been mugged by 6 defenders and it would have looked like either a no-call or an infraction on the offense to Tom Walker's crew.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron