Ticket transfer issues

MarriedIntoThis

Aug 10, 2021
Has anyone here had issues transferring the electronic tickets?

Last night I tried to transfer tickets and no email was sent notifying the receipient or myself. I then tried to cancel the transfer hoping I could attempt to initiate a transfer again, but I got an error saying something went wrong on their end as shown in the attached picture.

An email eventually was sent in the middle of the night, but the receipient can't accept the tickets and I still get an error when I try to cancel the transfer. I suppose I'll have to call the ticket office but thought I would see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Attachments

• TicketCancelError.JPG
    TicketCancelError.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 21

gilaclone

Apr 20, 2006
not sure about your specific issues. I did find out that the recipient needs to have a Ticketmaster account and must log in through Cyclones.com to accept the tickets.

I also had issues with the App, when I try to access my tickets, it tells me I don't have an internet connection when clearly I do.

I called the ticket office a couple of times, and they didn't offer a lot of help. told me to shut off my WIFI on my phone and just use the Cellular network.

Reactions: MarriedIntoThis

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Has anyone here had issues transferring the electronic tickets?

Last night I tried to transfer tickets and no email was sent notifying the receipient or myself. I then tried to cancel the transfer hoping I could attempt to initiate a transfer again, but I got an error saying something went wrong on their end as shown in the attached picture.

An email eventually was sent in the middle of the night, but the receipient can't accept the tickets and I still get an error when I try to cancel the transfer. I suppose I'll have to call the ticket office but thought I would see if anyone else has had the same experience.
I'm planning on trading a parking pass with someone. I'm worried about having issues like this, so I'm thinking it might be easier just to print the parking passes out, in case my phone doesn't work around Jack Trice.

MarriedIntoThis

Aug 10, 2021
That may work, though I haven't tried it. I'm assuming they just need the QR or barcode from the ticket, so as long as that is on the screenshot you should be good.

As far as my issue, I called the ISU ticket office and they had to call their provider (who I'm assuming is Ticketmaster). After an hour or so I got a call back and the provider was able to cancel the transfer. I was then ablet o go in, initiate the transfer again, and the other person was able to receive the tickets.

gilaclone

Apr 20, 2006
I don't have a lot of faith in their app and transfer system. I reached out to the Cyclone Club to voice my frustration and they admitted there are some issues and said it might be best to print all tickets and parking passes at home to be on the safe side.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
not sure about your specific issues. I did find out that the recipient needs to have a Ticketmaster account and must log in through Cyclones.com to accept the tickets.

I also had issues with the App, when I try to access my tickets, it tells me I don't have an internet connection when clearly I do.

I called the ticket office a couple of times, and they didn't offer a lot of help. told me to shut off my WIFI on my phone and just use the Cellular network.
Ticketmaster apparently blocks a lot of WiFi IP addresses for “security concerns.” You can’t access it through the IP in my area so I have to use cellular. Ticketmaster stinks.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't have a lot of faith in their app and transfer system. I reached out to the Cyclone Club to voice my frustration and they admitted there are some issues and said it might be best to print all tickets and parking passes at home to be on the safe side.
That's going to be the line they give to the tens of people who call and complain. They don't really mean it.

Reactions: CycloneErik

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Does anybody know if this is here to stay or if hard copy tickets will come back after this year? I was hoping this is just a COVID precaution.

I know a lot of people are not very happy about this, particularly the older, high level donation crowd.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
If sending to friends. Does it work to just take a screenshot for them?

I'm not familiar if anything has changed over last year and this year, but taking screenshots worked well for me previously.

As @MarriedIntoThis mentioned, it was just a screenshot of the ticket they'd scan anyway and I didn't have to rely on the dreaded spinning wheel of loading when standing at the entry gate into the stadium.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This doesn't pertain to your specific situation, other than those I was trying to transfer tickets to could see the message but were not able to actually get the tickets. I had checked with them to make sure I was using the right email address. However, it apparently wasn't what Ticketmaster was expecting and disallowed it. When they called the ticket office, that person was able to follow everything I did and told them to have use the text transfer method.

The next day I tried to use text and couldn't find that option, so I needed to call the ticket office. Of course I was using my computer access to do this because why not -- it's way bigger than my phone screen and I can have multiple windows open at the same time. The ticket office person who answered told me that the text option is only available through the app, and I asked where that was written because I most likely skimmed right over it.

Uh, no, he said. "I don't think it's written anywhere." So in my nicest voice (as I was throughout the call) I said I'm a communications person and I would rather read sentences than paragraphs, and bullet lists rather than sentences, and suggested a short statement about text transfer available only via the app. He admitted that was probably a good idea.

I kept my computer access open while I used my phone to transfer by text, and all seemed to happen as it should.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Does anybody know if this is here to stay or if hard copy tickets will come back after this year? I was hoping this is just a COVID precaution.

I know a lot of people are not very happy about this, particularly the older, high level donation crowd.

It's here to stay. That's the way it's gone for pretty much every event everywhere. The cost savings in not printing tickets is staggering.

Reactions: ISUFan22

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's here to stay. That's the way it's gone for pretty much every event everywhere. The cost savings in not printing tickets is staggering.
The other headache they hate dealing with is fraudulent tickets. This in theory helps prevent that. Some venues won't even allow you to present paper tickets because they claim it minimizes fraud but as long as you're able to take screenshots that's a load of ****.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Fwiw I believe the last 3 or 4 pro games I went to have gone entirely electronic. I think this is the new normal. I prefer paper too because it's tangible and it makes me less anxious.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron