Three Biggest Hilton Complaints (Not Concessions)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Since someone brought us old people up (and btw I have never left early from any game but see the student section fleeing JTS early quite often), I have an old person Hilton complaint. The steps in whatever nosebleed area we are sitting seem pretty steep and there is no handrail and it makes me nervous every time. I have a torn meniscus and just envision my knee giving out and landing on someone below.

Surprised no one has mentioned the refs yet but I guess that goes without saying.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
1. Why do we not have automatic toilets yet? Last I checked, it was 2013. I bet the people of Carver don't get this treatment.

2. Can we PLEASE make the Applebee's Apple shuffle more difficult? I'm batting 1.000 with that thing and wouldn't mind a challenge every once and awhile.

3. Can we bring in mascots that can actually play? What an embarrassing halftime performance.

Now I finally know why Dickie V has shunned Hilton, lo these many years.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Since someone brought us old people up (and btw I have never left early from any game but see the student section fleeing JTS early quite often), I have an old person Hilton complaint. The steps in whatever nosebleed area we are sitting seem pretty steep and there is no handrail and it makes me nervous every time. I have a torn meniscus and just envision my knee giving out and landing on someone below.

Surprised no one has mentioned the refs yet but I guess that goes without saying.

No handrail? I thought there were handrails pretty much everywhere. That could get spooky.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
HILTON IS JUST TERRIBLE IN ALL
ASPECTS! ITS MADE OF CONCRETE!!!!

Not so fast my friend

I have built umpteen commercial blds, parking ramps etc using CONCRETE.....

I guarantee that Ben Bruns loves it when the Weitz* co is pouring CONCRETE.... & btw I used to work for the Weitz at one time.

Every General Contractor I ever worked for thought they were making money when they were pouring CONCRETE and they were making money.

Come On Ben I know that's what you are thinking when you are on the jobsites and they are pouring Concrete..

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
#1. Get rid of the band - Obvious reasons

#2. Get rid of all students. Donation based seating for the entire building

#3. Get Jeff on the floor to lead us in cheers before the game and during time outs.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
I wish that they would just get rid of the clones cones - they cause too much controversy

I also wish that Cy would not walk around the stands and give high fives... He distracts the fans from the game.

mpgcclone11

Oct 22, 2012
Mt. Prospect, IL
We should do what the united center does where if the bulls score 100+ everyone gets free big macs, but it should be every time we hit 10+ three's in a game, since 100pts a game is pushing it, even for hoiball

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Try carrying a toddler while 7mo pg up to the second to top row of Hilton. I only made that trip once, once we went down we never went back up. I agree, the steps on the balcony level cause many mini heart attacks.

My Dad bought the $99 season tickets a few years ago (long time WBB and football season ticket holder, had never gotten MBB). He talked to the ticket office because he was just coming off two hip replacements. Got the front row on one of the balcony corners where there are only 4 seats in a row. Perfect for them. Now he wants to buy out the person who has tickets next to him. ;)

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I would agree on putting a muzzle on band chants. First of all, they suck. No one laughs. It is not distracting. It is one of those moments where you are embarassed for someone, and embarassed to be in any way assocaited with something so ridiculously odd.

Second of all, you have yelling and arm waiving with a hint of awful chant and it causes a very strange scene. I know the idea of "uniformity" and the student section is not a popular one, but goodness band, just do what everyone else is doing.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
still want to do the thing where we are dead quiet until we score the 10th point. or dead quiet until we score the 2nd three pointer or something.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
People clogging up the aisle when Flag Guy is running to the fight song. C'mon people! He does it every frigging game!

Where the hell is the sauerkraut for my brat??

Stop the canned music when the crowd is getting wild. It just shuts everyone up.

I believe that is three.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
1. The COld War communist handrails around the inner concourse
2. Too many people still wear the mid 90's- mid 2000's logo gear
3. No organized tailgates out in the lots

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Finally someone is making sense. I'm in total agreement about the handrails. They need to be updated and replaced with something better (preferably gold or cardinal).

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I would agree on putting a muzzle on band chants. First of all, they suck. No one laughs. It is not distracting. It is one of those moments where you are embarassed for someone, and embarassed to be in any way assocaited with something so ridiculously odd.

Second of all, you have yelling and arm waiving with a hint of awful chant and it causes a very strange scene. I know the idea of "uniformity" and the student section is not a popular one, but goodness band, just do what everyone else is doing.

Sadly I'm a pep band alum and even I agree that they should cut the corny chants. I didn't like them when I was in the band and would prefer they just scream like everyone else.

On the other end of the spectrum I still think the band playing is much more important and effective than canned music.

Reactions: drlove

Help Support Us

Become a patron