Thoughts from Thee

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
Beautiful.

He hit this one on the head - most parents sound like idiots when they are shouting "tips" to their kids on the playing field.

Anymore, I take a lawn chair and sit alone, away from the crowd. It's the only way I can enjoy watching my kids' athletic events.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Played with a kid whose dad would scream his name until he stepped out of the batter's box and make eye contact with him in the stands. The dad then gave the ever important advice of quote: "Hit the ball."

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA
Funny, yet relevent read on www.iowaprepfanatic.com from Thee Chad Smith about parents and high school athletes. As a former prepster his points really hit home..and something to think about with my two little monsters!

Thoughts from Thee: Parent Advisory | Iowa Prep Fanatic

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I was doing a pitching clinic at what we will just call a small town school in the metro area and was working with one pitcher in particular. His dad happened to be the AD and was down at the other side by the catcher. I had him doing some drills, stopping at different points in the delivery, and basically asked him to throw about 75%. His dad was at the other end yelling for him to throw harder and other just stupid comments... It got so bad with the kid constantly looking over his shoulder that I had to ask the dad to leave...that went well...not so much

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
Had similar crazed parents while at Valley HS - both on the playing field and in the classroom. Huge reason of my career change.

Have to say thanks to my parents for not acting like bafoons. Hopefully I can do the same as my kids enter into competitive sports.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
"NOW – I don't resent my dad, and this isn’t a hit piece against anyone who read this and thinks I’m talking to you." But just be mindful that they never forget, and they are the ones that see your personal well being once you cannot do it on your own. Maybe then I’ll get to explain to my dad the right direction to urinate when he’s lost that ability – I guess I’ll just get to decide when that discussion happens."

Uh, this entire last paragraph kinda shows that he does...

Cruel and disturbing, actually.