This will get some very nervous

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Stone hands?
No shot?
Zero interest in defense or rebounding?

His athleticism gave him plenty of potential. My opinion is that a lot of other coaches could have developed/motivated him to work harder but a top 50 kid out of high school chose poorly for a staff.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Honest question, who was the last Iowa player to have a career in the NBA? By career, I mean sign an actual contract, more than a 2-way deal.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Smart move actually...feedback will be invaluable to making a smart decision. I do agree that he returns for a year and then likely departs, especially if he has a good year.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Stone hands?
No shot?
Zero interest in defense or rebounding?
There were weaknesses in his game, for sure, but Mad Fran did nothing to help him improve. AND I'm assuming it is largely due to Mad Fran's coaching, because there have been a few players with decent potential (during his tenure) who seemed to "max" out by the end of their Frosh year.

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
There were weaknesses in his game, for sure, but Mad Fran did nothing to help him improve. AND I'm assuming it is largely due to Mad Fran's coaching, because there have been a few players with decent potential (during his tenure) who seemed to "max" out by the end of their Frosh year.
That was the point I was making too. Imagine Cook under the likes of Beard, theres no way that hes the same player.

• Winner
Reactions: kentkel

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think Weiskamp has more pro potential than Cook.

Not even close like 100X more. If Weiskamp shows he can handle the ball a little bit he could really blossom. Just hoping he’s not so in love with the hoks that stays just because it’s his lifelong dream to play at CHA and to get beat downs from MSU every year.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Not even close like 100X more. If Weiskamp shows he can handle the ball a little bit he could really blossom. Just hoping he’s not so in love with the hoks that stays just because it’s his lifelong dream to play at CHA and to get beat downs from MSU every year.

Heard from sources close to Joe that he was considering transferring to MSU after the first semester because Fran wasn't giving him enough PT. Then Mad Fran got smart and started giving him more minutes the second half of the year. That being said, I would be very surprised if he isn’t back in IC next year. Wouldn’t make sense for him to sit out a season and he’s not quite ready for the next level yet.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Heard from sources close to Joe that he was considering transferring to MSU after the first semester because Fran wasn't giving him enough PT. Then Mad Fran got smart and started giving him more minutes the second half of the year. That being said, I would be very surprised if he isn’t back in IC next year. Wouldn’t make sense for him to sit out a season and he’s not quite ready for the next level yet.

Playing time will continue to be a problem in a system that plays 10 players significant minutes every game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron