This team

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This is the best i've ever felt about an 0-4 team. I'm more frustrated with Wig's TOs in the paint than Lard's TOs, but these will get corrected. The guards are either missing Lard when he flashes in the paint and on the screen and roll or they're flat out looking him off. I hope Lard doesn't get frustrated.

Future is bright!

I need an opinion for you guys on Lards body language. He seems like it could be detrimental but I'm thinking that is who he is and he isn't being a bad teammate if that makes any sense. He plays hard just needs to get better defensively which he will. Once he locks in on D look out he will be really special because his potential is through the roof.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I need an opinion for you guys on Lards body language. He seems like it could be detrimental but I'm thinking that is who he is and he isn't being a bad teammate if that makes any sense. He plays hard just needs to get better defensively which he will. Once he locks in on D look out he will be really special because his potential is through the roof.

His body language isn’t the most positive, but he plays extremely hard so I have little concern.

Last edited:

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

To me it looks like he is getting better with the body language. Still pouting after a bad play/call, but they last a fraction of the time they did early on.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I said the same thing to my son while watching the game last night. He's seeing things better than he was even 2 or 3 games ago, but the game moves so fast at this level and KU is going to close gaps as well as anyone we'll face. I'll take that over him being a black hole every time he touches the ball.
Brase is a really good passer, and I think he gets as many minutes as he can handle vs the Baylor zone.
I think SY and Lard are pretty solid passers, at least better than the typical big 2 years removed from HS.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Brase is a really good passer, and I think he gets as many minutes as he can handle vs the Baylor zone.
I think SY and Lard are pretty solid passers, at least better than the typical big 2 years removed from HS.

Brase manages the high low game well and seems to pair up nicely with Lard in that regard.

Solo just didn't have it last night but we'll need great minutes out of him vs. Baylor so hopefully he bounces back quickly.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I see the similarity too except that teams talent level was much lower. The future is extremely bright.
Much lower? That team’s potential was perhaps much lower, but its talent that year was not. This isn’t a draft.

DG, Anderson, Scotty, and JVB would scorch this defense. Godfrey, JVB, and Ejim isn’t that different than Young, Brase, and Ejim. And although Bubu would likely pick this year’s guards’ pockets, where this group has an advantage is numbers on the bench (when healthy).

isu83

May 5, 2010
We shot very well but turned it over too much. You're not going to win a lot of games with 17 TO's. We had 4 TO's in the last 2 minutes.
I agree. But, maybe half of their turnovers were very easily prevented. They were very close to committing 8 or 10 turnovers vs KU. That part of their game could change fairly quickly. The Lard turnover could have been easily prevented by getting the ball to Wigs. This team is very close. Not that they'll make the NCAA tourney. But they could still finish strong. The NIT is still a very distinct possibility. IMO!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

He was keeping the team together and leading in the second half both times we started to let it slip.

Help Support Us

Become a patron