This guy has to be coming to Ames right?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The TJ cult does not appreciate any observations that might be misunderstood as 1% negative.
At some point you guys gotta get over it. You have at least 4 more years of complaining about TJ to go now. And I say that as someone who didn't want TJ.
Ok, you are capable of making a good point. And for maybe distinguishing between the so-called "TJ cult" and those us who would rather be supportive and stay positive. Bravo.

Reactions: tyler24

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Not sure why everyone is marking this as dumb. I had the same thought. Not saying the hires are bad. Just a "woes our luck" thing.

they did the same thing to my observation the other day when it was announced. They don’t like reality and semi comedy. Other teams hire coaches to get good players. We hired a coach who has a potential all American and we don’t get him. It’s very Iowa State of us

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
they did the same thing to my observation the other day when it was announced. They don’t like reality and semi comedy. Other teams hire coaches to get good players. We hired a coach who has a potential all American and we don’t get him. It’s very Iowa State of us

Some teams hire an assistant just because for a year or two to get a good recruit. We hired a good assistant who has a good son already playing. It’s different. If anything, you should blame Prohm for not hiring him when he could have before AJ was at UNI.

Reactions: t-noah

Cyclone Rebel

Apr 28, 2017
Honestly though, what jaggoffs. He called both of the reporters out as it being false and neither took it down, edited or even responded to Dave on twitter.
Well, actually, what is Dave supposed to say? The post about the falling out doesn't make him look good either. With that said, if he ends up in Ames, we'll know it wasn't true, and both reporters were wrong.

I don't think Dave ends up in Ames. Just sayin.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I said one of... but he was their second leading scorer and highest 3 pt shooter. I’d sure rather have him than either of the two guys we’ve signed so far.
What does his rebounding and defensive numbers look like compared to Jones and Kunc?

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
What does his rebounding and defensive numbers look like compared to Jones and Kunc?

2.4 rebounds compared to 4.0 Kunc and 5.0 for Jones. So not like either of those guys blowing off the doors.

but my overall point is how unlucky it seems that the coach we hired (including assistants) won’t be bringing any players with them from their former school like it seems so many do these days. Look at all the Tech transfers. I trust TJ and haven’t minded the pickups but it definitely isn’t looking like a quick turnaround