Things to do w/in hour/2hour of davenport

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Have to be in davenport thurs/friday for work and then again on monday. Have done everything in the davenport area a million times but curious if there is anything cool to see/do with in an hour or 2 of davenport (north south east) that doesnt include the chicago area (been there a million times) Adults, no children.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Have to be in davenport thurs/friday for work and then again on monday. Have done everything in the davenport area a million times but curious if there is anything cool to see/do with in an hour or 2 of davenport (north south east) that doesnt include the chicago area (been there a million times) Adults, no children.

it's always good when asking about things to do to separate children from adults.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Someone posted on CF once that Matthiessen State Park near Oglesby Illinois was pretty cool. I'm not sure if that is the sort of thing your looking for.

aobie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2013
Seattle, WA

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Someone posted on CF once that Matthiessen State Park near Oglesby Illinois was pretty cool. I'm not sure if that is the sort of thing your looking for.

I lived pretty close to there for a couple years but was never in Matthiessen. Starved Rock is like 2 miles away and is pretty neat to check out for a day or two. The bars and restaurants are absolute garbage in the whole area in general but the one in Starved Rock state park is pretty good. The only other restaurant I'd recommend is a place called Cajun Connection in Utica. It's a dump in the middle of nowhere but the food it true Cajun and fantastic.

• Useful
Reactions: CHim

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Definitely second Matthiessen followed by Starved Rock. Matthiessen is smaller but more adventurous feeling so I recommend starting with that and then going to Starved Rock which is large but mostly paved paths/boardwalks.

For breweries I would stay away from Great River. Bent River and Front Street are both good and have good food. Green Tree in Le Claire is the best in my opinion. Always lots of options and almost all good. Mango Me Hoppy IPA is my favorite right now. And Mississippi River Distillery is next door.

Galena always seems to be a popular weekend destination from the QC but I've never personally been. From what I hear its mostly wineries and antiques shops.

• Agree
Reactions: TOFB4ISU

Help Support Us

Become a patron