Things Heard in the Stands - Kansas Edition

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
A little disappointed no one has posted the pic of Donovan Jackson hitting the dagger 3 in Lawrence. If someone has it handy, please do. Love looking at that thing. :)

Reactions: LindenCy

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
A little disappointed no one has posted the pic of Donovan Jackson hitting the dagger 3 in Lawrence. If someone has it handy, please do. Love looking at that thing. :)
The faces in the background are priceless.
Jackson_Donovan_Kansas_2016_17_3.jpg

AR-170209799.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
"Where the **** did they find this big *** white boy?" (Talking about Jacobson)

-KU fan behind us (239)
There are several KU fans that sit two rows down from us in the other half of the row (we're on one aisle). That same pocket of seats is blue every year when KU comes to town, Cardinal the rest of the games. IMO, they deserve a special place in hell, along with the bi-annual Nebraska fans that used to surround us in Jack Trice. :mad:

However, they were pretty quiet this year. There were several older male KU fans a couple of rows down, across the aisle in 238. They were pretty calm...and were mostly scrolling & texting on their phones by the second half. And up above us, over in 238, there was a rather shrill-voiced woman that was VERY vocal...until about the 5 minute mark of the first half. Didn't hear a peep out of her in the second half. :D

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
There are several KU fans that sit two rows down from us in the other half of the row (we're on one aisle). That same pocket of seats is blue every year when KU comes to town, Cardinal the rest of the games. IMO, they deserve a special place in hell, along with the bi-annual Nebraska fans that used to surround us in Jack Trice. :mad:

However, they were pretty quiet this year. There were several older male KU fans a couple of rows down, across the aisle in 238. They were pretty calm...and were mostly scrolling & texting on their phones by the second half. And up above us, over in 238, there was a rather shrill-voiced woman that was VERY vocal...until about the 5 minute mark of the first half. Didn't hear a peep out of her in the second half. :D

Those fans in 238 weren't in row 12 by chance, were they?

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
The ones that are there every year are in 239 with us.
In 238, the quiet ones were in 7 or 8 (I think 8). The woman was above us, so 12 is a strong possibility. Are you near there?

No, I sold my tickets (on Cyclones.com) and now I wonder if that noisy lady ended up in them. Ugh.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Those seats are on stubhub 365. The re seller has had those for at least 10 years. It's frustrating because of not only random people behind us every game but a lot of the time its kids and they kick my chair back a lot, because, well, they're kids and to sit that long is tough.
When Michigan was here a couple years ago, the fans in the spot drove from Ann Arbor and were incredibly complimentary of the program, arena, fans, etc.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Those seats are on stubhub 365. The re seller has had those for at least 10 years. It's frustrating because of not only random people behind us every game but a lot of the time its kids and they kick my chair back a lot, because, well, they're kids and to sit that long is tough.
When Michigan was here a couple years ago, the fans in the spot drove from Ann Arbor and were incredibly complimentary of the program, arena, fans, etc.
I've wondered about that in the past, as there seemed to be a variety of ages & sizes rotating through there.

Okay - next game, turn around & wave so I can spot you. You've probably figured out who I am quite some time ago...I'm not exactly a shrinking violet. ;)

Side note: that's one of the BS scalping things that ticks me off...I know fans who would LOVE to get season tickets, but they are always sold out...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron