The Onside Kick - In photos

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
I thought maybe the ref just saw Grant's leg in front of the ball and assumed it was someone else's leg (kind of like how a 1st base ump doesn't look at the person, just their foot hitting the bag and the sound of the ball in the glove). He threw the flag and had already convinced himself that someone else was offsides so he didn't consider that it could have been the kicker and he was wrong.

Sometimes I wish certain penalties were reviewable.

CyNation23

Mar 16, 2011
G-Town
actually in College football it doesn't matter where his foot is if he's touching the X or the line its not offsides if he goes past and is not touching it he is offsides

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
actually in College football it doesn't matter where his foot is if he's touching the X or the line its not offsides if he goes past and is not touching it he is offsides

Rule clearly states a kicker cannot be offsides. It doesn't matter where his plant foot is. As I'm sure you read (as with the penalty being called on #7 George).

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
lets be honest the refs at Baylor were dicey at best, the onside kick, the pass-pump fumble turned-to-incomplete pass.... Both were very laughable, :twitcy:

How about a TD that was OVERTURNED when the video evidence appeared to show the ball being in before Woody was down. They had the ******* nuts to overturn the play that in no way showed "indisputable evidence".
It is an absolute joke the BS calls that ISU has to deal with. But, what else can you expect from a conference that practically boasts "The rich get richer, the rest can **** off".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron