The Next Jared Homan

Mar 24, 2009
Marion Iowa
When is McDermott going to get the next Jared Hohman? watching him play was great basketball, he might not have had all the talent in the world but he hustled and was physical. seemed like every game i watched him play he had the other team on the verge of punching him. i think that is what this team is missing a big physical pressance in the middle! thoughts?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Re: The Next Jared Hohman

I think if Big Ham get's an attitude they can be almost the same player. Also does it have to be a white guy or can we throw L.A. Pomlee in there. He could be a mean guy and we don't know it. Just by the looks of him I would not mess with him.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I have been saying this since McDermott took over. I heard from a player on the team that Christopherson is pound for pound the strongest player on the team when it comes to the weight room and it isn't even close. I would like to have a big man that could bench his own weight and then I would be happy.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
IMO, Big Ham has the potential to be a much better player than Homan was.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Hopefully Pomlee has an attitude. He could be a force. I can't see Hamilton being that kind of physical player, who knows though? I think McDermott tried to recruit that type of player in Clinton Mann, and obviously didn't workout.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
More importantly when will we get the next Marcus Fizer?

Homan turned into a decent player by his senior year, but he was a bit of project getting there.

Tough minded guy..

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
More importantly when will we get the next Marcus Fizer?

Homan turned into a decent player by his senior year, but he was a bit of project getting there.

Tough minded guy..
I agree. I've got to say I laughed really heard when I saw the title to this thread. Of all the people we've had at ISU, we should choose to look for the next Jared Homan?

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Ham doesn't LOOK mean like Homan did, but I'd bet that he had more dunks and maybe even points than JH did as a FR.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
You can be as tough minded as you want but it doesn't matter if you aren't strong and physical. Ham needs to get a lot stronger and start being agressive to be anywhere near where Homan finished his career.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
You can be as tough minded as you want but it doesn't matter if you aren't strong and physical. Ham needs to get a lot stronger and start being agressive to be anywhere near where Homan finished his career.

Ham's way ahead of where Homan was when he was a freshman.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Ham's way ahead of where Homan was when he was a freshman.
I think that might have something to do with the quality of team that they played on as freshman. Ham was asked to do a little more than Homan as a freshman therefore his production was up a little.

Cyznutz

Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
186902_skoglundsrmug.jpg

I'm waiting for the Skogs!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Homan had a motor, and he was enough of a ***** that it helped out a bit.

Him versus UNC in 2005 was still awesome to watch, cause he went toe to toe with Sean May and didn't back down.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hopefully Pomlee has an attitude. He could be a force. I can't see Hamilton being that kind of physical player, who knows though? I think McDermott tried to recruit that type of player in Clinton Mann, and obviously didn't workout.

That's what I'm thinking. If LA Pomlee develops a Big XII-type body, he'll be a force to be dealt with. Guy was excellent at defense in HS. Hopefully that carries over.