The long wait until a very mediocre football season has begun!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I want to see Hansen on the field more this year any old way they can do it.

I was just going to post that the newcomer I’m most excited about is Dylan Lee. He looks amazing IMO.

Will there be enough carries to go around?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah, Iowa is eminently beatable. Just not by us.
It isn’t Iowa. There’s a chronic problem with this program in September. Whether it’s Iowa, FCS, G5 or big 12 teams, ISU has been a bad football team in September games under Campbell. More often than not they figure it out and play well in October, but it would be nice to not put a huge damper on the excitement for the season right out of the gate.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Offensive line has a long ways to go, but there were games last year that we did run the ball pretty well. BYU, for example. I don't even count the K-State game because of the conditions. Consistency seemed to be the big issue. Early on in the season, Bruns would comment about the line making progress even it wasn't showing much for results yet and that what they were trying to do made more sense. I take his comments with a bit of a grain of salt, but we didn't hear anything like that before this season.

I'm still frustrated at how poorly the OL play has been since Campbell has been here. The coaching, recruiting and development on the offensive line has been terrible. Clanton has improved it some but it will take time. At least it feels like we are trending in a better direction.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron