The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug trailer out

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
The main reason I love this is because I loved the cartoon version when I was a kid.

This is visually stunning and wonderful.

[video=youtube;2Fw0lEaxiVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fw0lEaxiVs[/video]

I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I liked it. Really excited for the 3rd movie, should be the most action packed of the three.

I know a lot of people hate it because of all the stories that weren't in the book they're incorporating into the movies. Personally I love it. A movie version of the book would probably still be good, but since I've read the book quite a few times I like having some story threads that I don't know much about.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I don't mind the added story lines. I am not typically a book purist either. It just annoyed my that they skipped a lot of existing sorry in order to manufacture a bunch of violence.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I enjoyed it. I like seeing what Gandalf is doing in his time away from Thorin's Company. He eludes to all these things in the book and now we get to see them.

I know there are some differences but that is what happens. I am excited for the next one.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I enjoyed it. I like seeing what Gandalf is doing in his time away from Thorin's Company. He eludes to all these things in the book and now we get to see them.

I know there are some differences but that is what happens. I am excited for the next one.

Totally. The battle with Sauron is going to be great. All of the good powers should be making an appearance.