The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He was throwing ice?

This is like high school level stuff. Middle school maybe.
Was told he was on the top floor of DC’s and was tossing ice from his drink into a group of people below who apparently were there for a bachelor party.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
ESPN+ article on "Who has the most to offer recruits/transfers in the Big Ten?"

Bottom of tier 3. Nub is the only member in tier 4.

"Iowa was at the bottom of this tier for nearly every coach, and there's a case to be made the Hawkeyes could be in the next tier.

"They have decent facilities, a decent fan base, just enough talent in the state -- and they all want to go to your school," one coach said.

For players outside the state, though, it's not an easy sell. The facilities, resources and atmosphere all rank toward the bottom of the league, and there's minimal tradition: The Hawkeyes haven't advanced past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament since 1999.

"[Two-time Big Ten Player of the Year] Luka Garza saved [coach] Fran McCaffery's ass. You take [Garza] from the equation, it's basically the same Iowa team that makes the tournament once every three years," a coach said. "Maybe they win a game and keep it moving. And I think they're a football school. It's not even remotely close."

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That’s what I was referring to. Not the phone itself, but any evidence collected.
I think it depends. I suspect that if Jorbo's cell phone footage casts him in a poor light, we'll never see it because he won't press charges.

• Agree
Reactions: IceCyIce

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, on the video, who hits him? It seems like a guy comes up behind and puts his arm around him like a friend trying to pulling him away from a bad situation. Then, it erupts and I can't tell who does what, other than a glimpse of Jorbo on the ground showing that he took the worst of it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So, on the video, who hits him? It seems like a guy comes up behind and puts his arm around him like a friend trying to pulling him away from a bad situation. Then, it erupts and I can't tell who does what, other than a glimpse of Jorbo on the ground showing that he took the worst of it.

Maybe it was like that Office episode where they're roasting Michael, and Dwight gets up to defend Michael, and then ends up belittling him the worst.

Like, even his friend just couldn't take it any more.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There are actually Iowa fans that think this was staged / set up.. Lol they think it had to do with Jordan trolling ISU on Twitter.

That’s some tin foil hat s***.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
There are actually Iowa fans that think this was staged / set up.. Lol they think it had to do with Jordan trolling ISU on Twitter.

That’s some tin foil hat s***.
If it was a setup as they say, the person would just go up and sucker punch him when Jordy isn’t expecting it. However in reality, he was visibly running his mouth before getting socked. As other people said, this literally happens every weekend in a college town but because it was an Iowa basketball player this time, let’s call it assault and make the police investigate it.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and CYEATHAWK

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
ESPN+ article on "Who has the most to offer recruits?transfers in the Big Ten?"

Bottom of tier 3. Nub is the only member in tier 4.

"Iowa was at the bottom of this tier for nearly every coach, and there's a case to be made the Hawkeyes could be in the next tier.

"They have decent facilities, a decent fan base, just enough talent in the state -- and they all want to go to your school," one coach said.

For players outside the state, though, it's not an easy sell. The facilities, resources and atmosphere all rank toward the bottom of the league, and there's minimal tradition: The Hawkeyes haven't advanced past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament since 1999.

"[Two-time Big Ten Player of the Year] Luka Garza saved [coach] Fran McCaffery's ass.

“They have decent facilities, a decent fan base, just enough talent in the state -- and they all want to go to your school," one coach said.”

which ever elitest big 10 coach who said this obviously is referring to mid major and Fran’s kids who don’t have other options.

ISU - Foster, Lipsey. (I’d also consider King too as he may be closer to EIU than U of M)
Hunter Sallis - Gonzaga
AJ Green - UNI
DJ Carton - OSU

Was Fran’s last to 150 recruit from Iowa Weiskamp 5 years ago?

Reactions: Neptune78