The Fran fade

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Hok basketball fans on March 1: "This is a national championship team. No worse than a Final 4. We should be a number one seed! We're ranked in the top 5 and played the hardest schedule in America. Let's give Fran another extension. This team will still be absolutely loaded next year."

6 weeks later, no Big 10 title, boat-raced in the second round, Big 10 exposed, everyone hates the McCaffreys again, everyone wants out, and a complete dumpster fire. That seems like a lot.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The question now is what Fran does with the 3 remaining scholarships. That is assuming both JW and JBo will not return.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Feels like a reach for kentucky and certainly not one worth tampering for.
The guy’s a career 46% 3 point shooter and is a very hard worker on offense and defense. When he’s healthy, he’s a very nice player but the problem is that Fran never gave him the time to heal up from his injuries.

I’d be shocked if he’d start at UK and frankly think there’s a 99% he won’t start, but it’s certainly not a reach for Kentucky to take a guy from that area who’s a proven shooter in a P5 conference. You get 13 scholarships.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It’d give them 3 returning starters, but the point’s moot because Joe W will not be coming back. Not for sure about Jordan but him coming back won’t matter.

Yeah, I forget which writer that covers the Hawks was on KXNO last week, but he said he expects Joe to go pro, one way or the other.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Hok basketball fans on March 1: "This is a national championship team. No worse than a Final 4. We should be a number one seed! We're ranked in the top 5 and played the hardest schedule in America. Let's give Fran another extension. This team will still be absolutely loaded next year."

6 weeks later, no Big 10 title, boat-raced in the second round, Big 10 exposed, everyone hates the McCaffreys again, everyone wants out, and a complete dumpster fire. That seems like a lot.
At least they lost to eventual national champion and all time great squad Oregon.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There is actually 4 open iirc.
Keegan, Kris, Patrick, Connor, Joe T, Tony P, Ulis, Josh O, Riley M, Payton Sandfort.

That’s the 10 I counted, which gives Iowa 3 more right? Unless I messed up just thought I’d show you my train of thought.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Someone probably needs to do a wellness check on Leistikow this morning. Also, the meltdown over on HawkeyeReport message boards is better than any movie I've seen in the last 2 years. Claims of tampering by Coach Cal, level II violations, whah, whah, whah. Welcome to everyday life as a Cyclone competing against Kansas hoops.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, I forget which writer that covers the Hawks was on KXNO last week, but he said he expects Joe to go pro, one way or the other.
Yeah I’ve got a real solid source who’s been right on the money on a lot of their news, and they’ve told me Joe W is gone. He’ll go over seas if he doesn’t make a roster, which I honestly think he may get drafted late 2nd round.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Someone probably needs to do a wellness check on Leistikow this morning. Also, the meltdown over on HawkeyeReport message boards is better than any movie I've seen in the last 2 years. Claims of tampering by Coach Cal, level II violations, whah, whah, whah. Welcome to everyday life as a Cyclone competing against Kansas hoops.

They will carry these things as to why Iowa didn't achieve as much.

Couldn't possibly be that they weren't that good and aren't going to be.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Go see Nobody. Fun flick.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
LOL, over 20k Iowa fans follow this acct.
Screenshot-20210419-071843-Facebook.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron