The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not to mention CJF's % will drop as teams won't have to sag on Luka.
Oh for sure.. It's going to be a COMPLETELY different team next year and a completely style of ball IMO. With that being said, Iowa loved playing fast and throwing it into Woody 20 times a game so who knows. Maybe that's just Fran's style and he's going to pound the rock into Josh O..

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
what? first off I was joking around with Statefan10. Second, shooting is shooting. Garza is a better 3 point shooter than both of them. who cares about position
And that extremely valuable. Having a big man that can shoot 3's is better than one that can't.

Position does matter because having more players on the floor that can shoot a 3 makes more spacing and stretching out the defense.

Option 1: Having a guard that can shoot 35% from the 3. Ok

Option 2: Having a forward that can shoot 35% from the 3. Good

Option 2 allows more versatility in the play book.

Hopefully Kunc can improve from 33% to 35%.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol thank you. I was going to say Ulis is a 6'3 PG if he was a good 3 point shooter he wouldn't be at Iowa
And he's just not that great of a PG... he averaged a 1.4 assist / turnover ratio his senior year. Only 88 assists but 63 TO's.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
what? first off I was joking around with Statefan10. Second, shooting is shooting. Garza is a better 3 point shooter than both of them. who cares about position
Garza won't be a better 3 point shooter in college next year. He won't make a single college 3 pointer. That is TURRIBLE.

Last edited:

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Ulis was a good 3 pt shooter in high school so hoping he steps in and shoots well. I believe I read somewhere that Perkins was pretty respectable. Keegan has a nice shot and should show some improvement. Toussaint and Nunge really need to improve. I think both McCaffery boys just are what they are. Needs to be a focus in the offseason. Sandfort is a really good shooter. We'll see how he fits in.
If Porkins gets hot from outside, the fans can yell "The bacon is frying!!!"

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
I hate to break it to you, but 0/0 is undefined, not 0.0%.
You're not breaking anything to me. I assumed there weren't any Hawks smart enough to understand that.

Its kind of like when Johnny Orr told a recruit's mother that Ames was less than an hour from Chicago (not quite accurate, but you get the idea).

EDIT: I'll clean it up for you.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
OMG this is hilarious!! Did he play all of about 10 minutes this year? Avg 33% as a so called "sharp shooter/assassin". What is Iowa trying to brag him up so he can grab another seat on another bench somewhere? Iowa is just trying to make something good out of a dissappointing season. The so called Hawkeye sports journalists are all ball washers just to keep their press credentials. They are just bad at their job!!

By that standard what would they say about Steyer who shot 50% from three for his career at ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
If Porkins gets hot from outside, the fans can yell "The bacon is frying!!!"
Next year will be rough for them. Their options are:
-Porkins
-Low T
-CJ Frederick's of Hollywood
-Original McCafe
-Tall McCafe
-Jack Bungee
-The Ulis nobody wanted
-Meegan Murray (I don't know why, but every time I see him I can't help think of The Brothers Brothers sketch from In Living Colour)
-The other less-talented-while-somehow-sharing-the-same-genes bench Murray twin

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
-Porkins
-Low T
-Original McCafe
-Tall McCafe
-Jack Bungee
-The Ulis nobody wanted
-Meegan Murray (I don't know why, but every time I see him I can't help think of The Brothers Brothers sketch from In Living Colour)
You forgot that large dude from England that Madoff worked with some.

Reactions: Acylum and GTO

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
-Porkins
-Low T
-Original McCafe
-Tall McCafe
-Jack Bungee
-The Ulis nobody wanted

Jesus we bring in a couple decent guys and we might beat them in Hilton.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: GTO and TRYHARDER

Help Support Us

Become a patron