The Beau Freyler Love thread

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Why would he move to safety? He is the best cover corner on the team. And the coaches only seem to bring in 1 corner in every recruiting class vs 3 safeties. He is needed at corner.
The rumor I saw is that's what he heard his future in the NFL will be/that's his best chance to be drafted. Don't know if that's actually true and we won't know until the season starts more than likely so that's fun. :jimlad: I will be pretty concerned with corner, especially depth at corner, if he's at safety, though.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Beau Freyler was in on a lot of plays and that Safety Blitz caught the Tigers completely off guard, .Beau Freyler is better than Isheem Young right now and will start for three more years....WE LOST BUT BEAU FREYLER PLAYED A ..."GREAT GAME"...IMHO

& remember go cyclones!!

Reactions: isutrevman

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Beau Freyler was in on a lot of plays and that Safety Blitz caught the Tigers completely off guard, .Beau Freyler is better than Isheem Young right now and will start for three more years....WE LOST BUT BEAU FREYLER PLAYED A ..."GREAT GAME"...IMHO

& remember go cyclones!!
He was amazing... better than Isheem right now? I don't know... its possible but Isheem is a very good player himself. I know in a perfect world IMO we'd have Beau. Isheem and I also thought McDonald was really, really good. I would have loved seeing those three playing safety next year but two out of three is not bad.,

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
In the radio pregame interview when asked by Walters about Freyler, Campbell said something like- Beaus had earned equal snaps with "the other guy" by late season. We know who "the other guy" is and I found it interesting that Campbell referred to him as such instead of by name. I guess there may be some hard feelings.

• Informative
Reactions: Neptune78

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
In the radio pregame interview when asked by Walters about Freyler, Campbell said something like- Beaus had earned equal snaps with "the other guy" by late season. We know who "the other guy" is and I found it interesting that Campbell referred to him as such instead of by name. I guess there may be some hard feelings.
I noticed that too. I can’t remember how exactly he worded it but it sounded like he was trying to say Beau has been pushing Eisworth too.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
do you blame campbell. he gave the kid a chance with a checkered past when no else did. then he repays him by transferring out.

Reactions: isufbcurt

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
If Johnson is moving to safety we'll be fine at the position.
I don't think we need Johnson at safety. I'm more worried about the CB position. I think we're loaded at safety. Outside of Freyler and McDonald, Chambers and DJ Miller have both played a lot already. I've also heard Verdon is a stud and Antoine is good as well.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Kids gonna be good
tumblr_mju88g8wuy1rlb6iho1_r3_400.gifv

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Young will be tough to replace but Freylers physical attributes give him a higher ceiling. He was clearly good enough to have started most of the year. Hoping for someone similar to pop out of the incoming LB group.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I don't see it as anything other than perhaps trying to address the fact that Freyler had surpassed Young without trying to disrespect Young specifically on his way out.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
The rumor I saw is that's what he heard his future in the NFL will be/that's his best chance to be drafted. Don't know if that's actually true and we won't know until the season starts more than likely so that's fun. :jimlad: I will be pretty concerned with corner, especially depth at corner, if he's at safety, though.
Johnson, Freyler and McDonald as the starting safties does sound great. Tampa and Purchase would probably be the starting corners but there's not much depth behind them. You'd think that early playing time would be a nice tool to land higher rated corners. Most of our recruits at corner end up playing as true freshmen.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Need a clarification.

Always assumed his name was pronounced
Fry ler.
Last night the announcer called him Free ler.