The 2nd 9

How many wins will ISU have in the last 9 games of the conference season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
The first 9 games of the 1018 Big 12 conference season yielded a 3-6 record. Prohm's teams have consistently played better in February than in January, though, which is the sign of a great coach. In the past week, the Tennessee game was mind boggling, which the West Viriginia game was mind bending.

So what do you expect for the 2nd half of the the season? I'd like to see a couple of true road victories for a little resume building heading into tournament time, but with none to date, can this team take that next step?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think tomorrow is going to be a big indicator. Win that & I'm optimistic for a good finish to the season. Lose, and it's going to be a long month.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I think tomorrow is going to be a big indicator. Win that & I'm optimistic for a good finish to the season. Lose, and it's going to be a long month.
It will be a desperate battle to stay out of the basement at Baylor. I've had the same thought. And 4 and 6 has a hopeful sound to it, whereas 3-7 sounds like circling the drain.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It will be a desperate battle to stay out of the basement at Baylor. I've had the same thought. And 4 and 6 has a hopeful sound to it, whereas 3-7 sounds like circling the drain.

I think 3-6 to end the year would still be hopeful. We’d have beaten three good teams.

I think 2-7 is very much in play.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
WTF knows when you get Tennessee one game and the WV game 4 days later.

Hopefully they pull it together for the remainder of the season.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Meh, this team has already shown us that they can be fantastic and horrible, often within the span of a few days. I don't expect that to end just now.

My guess was 4-5, which I would consider to be a fantastic finish with the difficulty of our schedule. I wouldn't be surprised with anything from 6-3 to 2-7.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Meh, this team has already shown us that they can be fantastic and horrible, often within the span of a few days. I don't expect that to end just now.

My guess was 4-5, which I would consider to be a fantastic finish with the difficulty of our schedule. I wouldn't be surprised with anything from 6-3 to 2-7.
Fair point. :)

Reactions: Cyclonepride

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Today vs Baylor is their best chance to pick up a road win. Already beat Baylor and coming off a big win giving them confidence. Lose today and I don't see them winning any road games this year. They have shown they can beat anyone at home but also lose to anyone. Inconsistency continues at home, 2-2.