The #1 thing I want to see tonight is....

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
... for ISU to play smart football.

No turnovers, very few penalties, good tackling and smart decisions made by our QB. If we do that, we win BIG in my opinion.

But if we put the ball on the ground, throw a pick or two, have some stupid late hit penalties, don't wrap up on our tackling and AA can't find the open man and ends up forcing throws into coverage.... we will lose.

It's pretty simple tonight IMO. Don't make stupid mistakes and everything should take care of itself. Last week we made a lot of stupid mistakes, but Kent St probably made even more, which helped us win. I want to see a smarter and more focused effort tonight.

Does anyone know if Lenz is still our #1 punt returner tonight? Not to be overly critical, but he had 2 fumbles last week and lost one of them. I'd like to see someone else get a shot. Maybe Money for instance?

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I'd like to see 4 TD's by ISU in the first half. I think tonight will be a good night for our QB IF we utilize our athletes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Me too! (nothing against Lenz)

It's kind of a double edged sword because you want Lenz to understand that fumbling will not be tolerated, but you don't want to scar the kid for life by making him constantly be too worried about fumbling... which can sometimes lead to even more fumbling. Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep him in there to show you have confidence in him, but how long can you keep doing that? That's the question.

I'd like to see maybe Lenz and Money rotate. Lenz takes the first punt, Money the 2nd, and so on. Then... whoever proves to be better under the lights gets the job.

Help Support Us

Become a patron