Thank you to the true Cyclone Fans who attended the game.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Thank you to the true Cyclone Fans who attended the game. I enjoyed being there with you. You are the true members of CYclone nation. Our players responded to our excitement and gave us an historic game a first victory over Texas in Jack Trice, and we were there in person. Regardless of the weather, I hope you will all be there for SENIOR night against OKIE State. Maybe we can awaken the echoes of past seasons and cheer our players on to beat Okie State again. See you "ALL" Nov. 14 .
Go Cyclones!

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
For me as a true Clone fan, this victory for some reason ranks right up the with the Okie St. upset victory. The Okie st victory was a battle and we won that battle but this win was complete domintation against Texas. Not many people can say they watched something like that happen.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
It's difficult to shut out any team. ISU shut out Texas. We've never been able to say that and may it never happen again. The crowd really stepped up at the end to encourage the defense. It was a lot of fun. It reminded why I go to the games.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Oh, look, the "I'm a better fan than you are" guy

42f02d8abb265c0a11de95f048e23b92.jpg

Reactions: MeowingCows

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
So, if you don't have the cash or the time to drive across the state to Trice, you are not a true Cyclone fan?

Right.

only4cy

Nov 21, 2006
Every thread has to have a idiotic post. 00clone, thank you for fulfilling that need.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I guess I'm not a true fan since I didn't cancel my daughter's birthday party and trick or treating to travel several hours to attend the game. I guess I wasted my time doing those early to watch the game later on tv.

Last edited:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
With the airport being so far away...it makes it difficult to get up to Ames.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Great job by the fans. On TV you wouldn't have guessed it was at the home of a team in such a dismissal 3 year run, and the team responded in-kind. Fox also did a favorable job with respect to an ISU program short on success. Very good night for the brand last night.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Oh, look, the "I'm a better fan than you are" guy

42f02d8abb265c0a11de95f048e23b92.jpg

That correct, I am a better fan, along with 53,000 other better fans who were there. If you had a ticket and choose not to come I'm sure it was a valid reason. Real fans support the team with out a guarantee of a win, they are there to cheer on the team and watch the game.

If my post upsets you, I'm ok with that. I went, I cheered,we won, I'm happy.:jiggy::spinny::jiggy:

Go Cyclones!:smile:

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
That correct, I am a better fan, along with 53,000 other better fans who were there. If you had a ticket and choose not to come I'm sure it was a valid reason. Real fans support the team with out a guarantee of a win, they are there to cheer on the team and watch the game.

If my post upsets you, I'm ok with that. I went, I cheered,we won, I'm happy.:jiggy::spinny::jiggy:

Lol

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
So, if you don't have the cash or the time to drive across the state to Trice, you are not a true Cyclone fan?

Right.

No, there are a number of "FANS" who are not coming because we don't have a winning season, so it's their method of protest. I was thanking those fans who "ATTENDED" the game,if that offends you .... well not my fault.
I was trying to show the fans there some appreciation, you read it the way you want. Have a nice day!

Go Cyclones!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Thank you to the true Cyclone coach who attended the game. I have been watching salary-collectors, resume-builders, relatives, cousins, scheme-runners, since--you guessed it--The Liberty Bowl.
I could make the argument that the true Fans were the ones who did NOT attend.
BTW, this thread is making me laugh a lot. Any GIF of the dude from The Hangover is good stuff.

I do hope we get a good turnout for Okie State and I absolutely think that our X-Box Madden 2015 play callers could incorporate Sam Richardson in for several series or plays. Is it that freaking hard? All seniors should get to play. I need to go back and see the stats of late in game last night. Have to keep the joy in this.....it is freaking football.

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
Really, get over yourself, so people who had personal commitments and couldn't attend

Aren't "true" Iowa State fans?

QUOTE=berther48;4890396]Thank you to the true Cyclone Fans who attended the game. I enjoyed being there with you. You are the true members of CYclone nation. Our players responded to our excitement and gave us an historic game a first victory over Texas in Jack Trice, and we were there in person. Regardless of the weather, I hope you will all be there for SENIOR night against OKIE State. Maybe we can awaken the echoes of past seasons and cheer our players on to beat Okie State again. See you "ALL" Nov. 14 .
Go Cyclones![/QUOTE]

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

It doesn't upset me, I'm merely suggesting that you re-evaluate your priorities if you place value judgements on where a person sits watching a sporting event. If your point was to lament that people have given up on the football team, perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be advised.

My level of passion and support for all ISU teams hasn't changed in the last 5 years, because I participate at a level that fits my family, location, and personal preferences...without regard to the performance of the team. I'm sure I don't measure up to your standard because of my level of giving, but that's fine with me, I handle my giving per my priorities. I recently got a pretty decent raise at work, mrs00clone and I recently discussed the impact on our budget and decided that the majority of the bump would go to charitable causes that are important to us. ISU athletics will likely not be a benefactor of that, because we prefer to give to causes with a lot more direct impact on needs of our society and local area.

Do I think I'm a better fan than you? No. I am a fan of ISU. That is unaffected by anyone else and is not something in which I compare myself to anyone else or place value judgements on.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
was fun... there was so few left at the end, and the place was still extremely loud trying for the shut out. Was amazing. that was the best part.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines

...and doggone it people like me.