Texas, atm, to Big 10; Oklahoma to SEC

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This could be good, it'll keep the Big 10 from taking Big East teams. Also, Texas in the Big 10.... BAHAHAHAHA at NU and anybody else in their division.

Legend12

May 9, 2008
nowai_2.jpg

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Oklahoma would fit well in the SEC. Shady but successful football program and questionable lighting in the basketball arena.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
This could be good, it'll keep the Big 10 from taking Big East teams. Also, Texas in the Big 10.... BAHAHAHAHA at NU and anybody else in their division.

That would be awesome because the Hawks would probably also be in that division.
Texas
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
Illinois
Minnesota
Northwestern
aTm

Tough!!!

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
We could end up with Iowa State, K State, KU, Mizzou, OSU, Tech, and Baylor.

Also, I get this erie feeling that Texas is behind this rumor. It will trigger more teams like Mizzou, Tech, and OSU to hurry their process of leaving.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
That would be awesome because the Hawks would probably also be in that division.
Texas
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
Illinois
Minnesota
Northwestern
aTm

Tough!!!

I know its about money, but why in the hell would Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, or Northwestern vote for this? It would essentially seal their fate to never win the conference ever again. (And yes, I intentionally left out Iowa, because they're so full of themselves that they probably think they would win this division every year)

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I know its about money, but why in the hell would Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, or Northwestern vote for this? It would essentially seal their fate to never win the conference ever again. (And yes, I intentionally left out Iowa, because they're so full of themselves that they probably think they would win this division every year)

All they see right now is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. But when everyone is making the same, or worse it gets taxed down to what you make now, it isn't going to mean that much. Fans want titles. Schools want money. Fans don't see the money. Fans are not going to be happy at some point. TOO BIG. But, hey.

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Kinda what I was thinking. Fans only see dollar signs, but is it worth your school being able to afford all the bells and whistles if you win less? To me, iowa had it pretty good where they were. The Big 12 teams were short on TV revenue, but that was in the works to change. Why in the hell would AZ and ASU vote to expand the Pac 10 with the Big 12 South? Don't they know that they would be joining the toughest division in football? Think about having to play UT, OU, TT, ATM, OSU every year...and then add in two teams from the other division. Neither of those two teams would see anything more than a low level bowl ever. But hey, I guess their budgets would jump.

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Anyone else think if the Big10 does go to 16 teams with teams as far away from Big10 country as Maryland and Texas that the original Big10 will end up regretting it? I know other than TV revenue I regret the fact that the Big8 brought in Texas schools. Totally changed the feel of our conference.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Anyone else think if the Big10 does go to 16 teams with teams as far away from Big10 country as Maryland and Texas that the original Big10 will end up regretting it? I know other than TV revenue I regret the fact that the Big8 brought in Texas schools. Totally changed the feel of our conference.

Yep.

Most still can't figure out why the let Penn St in.