Teen Falls Into Manhole While Texting

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
On a semi-related note...

Dr. Bugeja (head of ISU journalism dept.) has an excellent book out called "Interpersonal Divide", about how technology is screwing with our sense of community. I listened to him speak several years ago, and he correctly called that most people would soon be walking around, head down, listening to mp3's while watching a movie and texting.

I remember saying it wouldn't be a problem. Simple reason: natural selection. You know what happens when you walk around campus distracted with your head down all the time? You get hit by CyRide.

This teen just became the first example of proving my point...

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
I remember saying it wouldn't be a problem. Simple reason: natural selection. You know what happens when you walk around campus distracted with your head down all the time? You get hit by CyRide.

This teen just became the first example of proving my point...

Exactly! If you want to be stupid and kill yourself fine, but don't take an innocent person with you.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
know what really grinds my gears? People looking at/reading various things while driving, like magazines or novels....:realmad:

+1

grinds-my-gears1.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I know people can text without looking at the keyboard, but don't you need to look at your phone to see what has been texted to you? Although I understand how and why some use texting for work, I'm with CyPride. I don't understand why people feel the need to do so much communication that usually doesn't mean anything.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
The report that ran on the local news was is on YouTube today. Surprisingly, the family is considering suing the city, and medical bills are mounting, even though it looks like the only injuries this ******* receieved were some bumps and bruises.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hk-ru57A-c]YouTube - Teen Girl Falls In Open Manhole While Texting[/ame]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron