Teams Iowa played were o for the bowls.

Wales

May 22, 2008
Just think if Iowa was just a top 25 team this year, with that schedule, at the least they'd be getting their *** handed to them in the Rose Bowl. They passed their only real test with the win over Penn St. The rest of the their schedule was a joke. A quick look at the results of bowls. Northwestern, Wis, Minn, Pitt, Mich St., Penn St, and South Carolina were all losers. We spend the whole second half on their ten yard line, and on their field, lose 17 to 5. And have the game changing play, a phantom helmet to helmet call go against us. And all we hear is how great they are and bad we are, so we can consider ourselves lucky they weren't any better because it wouldn't take alot for them to be 13 and 1. The Big Ten is a Joke.

Reactions: Prone2Clone

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Big 10 is a joke. But you can not deny that Iowa was pretty solid.

Great run D and O. Opportunistic D. Got average play out of their new QB.

Id sign up for a season like that in a second.

Nov 9, 2008
Just think if Iowa was just a top 25 team this year, with that schedule, at the least they'd be getting their *** handed to them in the Rose Bowl. They passed their only real test with the win over Penn St. The rest of the their schedule was a joke. A quick look at the results of bowls. Northwestern, Wis, Minn, Pitt, Mich St., Penn St, and South Carolina were all losers. We spend the whole second half on their ten yard line, and on their field, lose 17 to 5. And have the game changing play, a phantom helmet to helmet call go against us. And all we hear is how great they are and bad we are, so we can consider ourselves lucky they weren't any better because it wouldn't take alot for them to be 13 and 1. The Big Ten is a Joke.

and yet ISU still cant win a conference game when they dont even play the three best teams in the conference

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
and yet ISU still cant win a conference game when they dont even play the three best teams in the conference
no matter what Iowa beat us, went 8-4 and won a NYD bowl...where were we?

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Honestly im tired of seeing threads about Iowa, they won their bowl game, had a good season, beat us. Who cares? props to them, thats far far better than where we are sitting right now.

ICclone23

Nov 9, 2008
Iowa City
Yeah Iowa won their bowl game, good for them. But I think the posters point is that the big ten is a joke. The hawks will likely be the only big ten team to win a bowl game, and they got a very favorable match up against a mediocre south carolina team.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
All I know is next September we're going to be jacked up for a rematch against them, we're going to give them hell and it's going to a hell of a game. Can't wait.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Yeah Iowa won their bowl game, good for them. But I think the posters point is that the big ten is a joke. The hawks will likely be the only big ten team to win a bowl game, and they got a very favorable match up against a mediocre south carolina team.

I think the poster's point is to appease a portion of the Cyclone fan base that feels better be discrediting all things Iowa.

CRLCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Honestly im tired of seeing threads about Iowa, they won their bowl game, had a good season, beat us. Who cares? props to them, thats far far better than where we are sitting right now.

Exactly - we've got to support OUR team first and foremost, and all of the hype or non-hype of another team, including Iowa, won't matter.

Right now - we need to build a winning program, like Iowa has. This includes a change in the mindset of our own fans. That we 'deserve' and 'belong' with ALL teams we play.

Go ISU!!! - u have my fullest support!

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I think this is more of an indictment of the conference than it is of Iowa. It is impressive that Ferentz coached teams generally are well oiled machines at the end of the season (definitely not in '07, though). A lot of the years that we have beat them, I don't think we would have if we played them at the end of the year.