TCU vs OU...who do you want to win?

WhatTheFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate every response so far. I get the whole conference thing (with 0U winning out), as well as the hate for everything 0U because they seem win everything all the time. TCU got screwed back in 2014, dropping from 3rd to 6th to let pOSU into the CFP (I think that might've been a TCU win against ISU in the final week?). There may even be hard feelings involved. I get that.

I want TCU to win out (of course). I wish that we would meet ISU in the conference championship, simply because I think it's hard to beat the same team twice in a season and our offense was total garbage when we played a couple of weeks ago. I'd also be scared for my Frogs to meet either of the Okie schools for a second time in the same season. That's not a knock on you, believe me. I trust in our D, but they are high-flying offenses. Y'all must have the only basketball team for receivers in the entire conference. How do you cover those guys? I have to assume that our offense would perform like they did against any team other than ISU this season.

Hell, I'm worried about Tech the following weekend.

I'm getting ahead of myself. We haven't won against 0U yet. Sorry for my rambling.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Gotta go with OU. Big 12 needs a CFP in the worst way. Not only get a team in, but the conference needs to win the whole enchilada to get the media idiots off our back.

Reactions: WhatTheFrog

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I personally like TCU the team, and their fans a lot better than OU, but I think it might be best for the Big 12 if OU wins. I think OU would have a better chance of faring well in the playoffs than TCU. I know TCU's defense is a lot better, but OU can run anyone off the field, and their QB is better.

Reactions: WhatTheFrog

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Ask me at 2PM Saturday after our game.

If we win, I'd like to see TCU win. ISU would be sitting in a good spot for the Big 12 championship and I'd rather play TCU than OU, as I think we have a better chance to beat them again.

If we lose, I'd like to see OU win as I think they stand the best chance to impress for the Big 12 in the CFB Playoffs. (mainly because of Baker Mayfield)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I appreciate every response so far. I get the whole conference thing (with 0U winning out), as well as the hate for everything 0U because they seem win everything all the time. TCU got screwed back in 2014, dropping from 3rd to 6th to let pOSU into the CFP (I think that might've been a TCU win against ISU in the final week?). There may even be hard feelings involved. I get that.
Trust me, none of us have forgotten about 2014. I know we aren't smarting as much as you are, but it still hurts to see our conference snubbed because another team "played all top 60 teams." WTF is that? Who ever heard anywhere anything about top 60? Just a contrived stat to try to promote an undeserving team over two deserving teams because of conference politics. That tOSU went on to win two games is immaterial. They shouldn't have had the chance. Both Baylor and TCU deserved the shot more than the big 10 team. How do they get in over a team whose only loss was by 3 points to a top 5 team on the road? There is no excuse for that. What, we can't decide which of these two Big 12 teams deserve it over the other so we are going to leave both of them out and bring in another team that doesn't deserve the shot?

Yeah, you might be able to tell there are hard feelings involved but maybe not like you had imagined.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Well, if OU wins, they have a better shot at the CFP, if they beat ISU in the Championship game, that is, :), but if TCU wins, we won't have to hear the OU Band play Boomer Sooner 49,875 times in the Championship game.

JexYu.png

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well, if OU wins, they have a better shot at the CFP, if they beat ISU in the Championship game, that is, :), but if TCU wins, we won't have to hear the OU Band play Boomer Sooner 49,875 times in the Championship game.

JexYu.png

A few years ago, the OU band marched past our tailgate on its way into the stadium. I mockingly asked the director if they would do me a favor and play Boomer Sooner that day. He said, sorry, we never play it at opponent's stadiums. touche'

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
TCU mainly because you guys got screwed over a few yrs ago. Also because of all the schools I've visited for basketball. OU was by far the least friendly. Still haven't made it to TCU yet hope to someday.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Bobby Stoops as coach, TCU all the way. Now I’m not sure, but I’m pretty sure my alliance has no pull on the outcome.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Ignoring implications of Big 12-into-playoff stuff, strictly as a football follower, I'd root for TCU, it's more fun to back an underdog. I'd want a competitive game regardless. I think it'd be fun if this is as tightly contested as Bedlam was, except at the other end of the spectrum, like a nail-biter 21-20 game, to see how pundits change their tune about Big 12's "lack of defense."

That said, I'm guessing OU wins something like 31-21.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
For those who are concerned about the CFP, unless one of the current top 4 loses at least 2 games the current 4 will be in the playoffs.