TCU Looking Good

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
The Big XII has been underwhelming so far this year. Oklahoma has a loss at Creighton, K-State has some bad losses, including a blowout to Pitt and a loss to Long Beach State, and our Clones couldn't take care of business against a solid Maryland club, but at least TCU seems much improved and could improve the conference RPI ratings.

They are on their way to a 7 - 0 start with wins over several Power 5 schools (even though no likely tourney teams). Still, that will help if they start getting pummeled in the conference play.

WVU has also pleasantly surprised so far this year, too.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Kstate is a weird team though as they nearly beat Arizona was it? Ou lost to creightin but creighton is ranked.

tcu looks improved but still won't be that good. I'm interested to see how ku does today at Michigan state.

BearDownAZ

May 27, 2014
it seems to me that even more than most years a lot of teams seem to be really struggling out of the gate as players find their roles and such (minus Duke and UK).

It should work itself out, and KState is legit with a true star player in Foster. The ship will be righted

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If the expected preseason conference pecking order holds to form, having TCU, WVa, Okla St with strong starts will help. Top end has some blemishes so far, but it's early. Oklahoma already rebounded OK from the Creighton loss. Kansas needs to beat MSU today.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
TCU has been pulling some solid recruits to come play for a bad team in an empty small arena. They're becoming Baylor Light.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
TCU continued the strong start tonight and won at Ole Miss. I think Ole Miss is an NIT tourney team, so anytime you win a road game like that is a solid victory.

Looking at TCU's schedule, they could easily be 12 - 0 heading into conference play. Wow. Who would have seen that coming. Good for the Big XII as TCU will probably go somewhere around 5 - 13 in conference even though they came in at 12 - 0. Still, a better team than last year.

Good to see the Big XII dominating the Big XII - SEC challenge so far. If Kansas and Texas win tomorrow, I think you have to consider the Big XII the leading conference so far based on the depth and quality. At least from a per capita​ perspective.