1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Seth Tuttle was in last I knew.

You should be able to put together a very, very competitive team.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Yeah, I was pretty excited about the team last year. Then a bunch of big names dropped out, and we got bounced early. I don't have any interest in a team that's not all Cyclones (and even then I wouldn't pay too much attention).

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I looked forward to this the first couple years that there were a cyclone team, but this one won't get my interest. We now can actually get to watch our former cyclones by tuning in to the NBA's Northwest Division. Combine that with likely getting to watch THT, LW, and Shayok in the NBA summer league and I'm good.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Hey guys....this is Matt and im the General Manager of Iowa United. Like any program it will take time to build, to get legitimacy and to be quite honest...the player pool just isn't that large. Everyone you have thought that we should ask, we have asked. Coach and I and our staff are excited about the 9 guys we have and think once you see the full roster you will see its versatility. The 4 guys we released are excellent players. Tyrus is a European champion going for another title. Reed Timmer is Drakes all time leading scorer and playing well overseas. Washpun is playing well in London and is a MVC tourney MVP, and Nicholas Baer, walk on or not, can play for us anytime. We love that kid.
We will release the other 5 players...1 each day..starting next Monday.

The 9 man roster scored over 12,000 points in college.

We started this because we love basketball in the state and think this is a fun way to get the entire state involved. We get it...Georges Niang isn't walking through that door but
Trust me..the last 5 players are solid.

We have a lot of fun things planned this summer leading up to the tournament and will be very interactive with our supporters. We are also raising awareness for our states veterans partnering with FORE THE VETERANS who help our states veterans suffering with PTSD and other mental health issues.

Thanks guys

Matt

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I think the problem with the Iowa State only team is some of our best players in the last 5-10 years are all in the NBA. There isn't a massive talent pool of players in Europe. The teams you see do really well are either from smaller basketball schools(VCU and St. Mary's) or big time talent schools(Ohio State and Syracuse) or teams that combine the best available talent(Overseas Elite and Team Challenge ALS).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron