Taylor Swift - Tortured Poets Department

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They’re much like people who have pets call themselves dog moms or cat dads or call them furbabies.

I’ll admit I called myself a plant dad on a dating app once upon a time to see if it would help as I do actually own a bunch of plants. It didn’t.

Though I am on a fun vendetta with my apartment complex to have one of my plants be “pet of the month” and that they are discriminating against people who don’t have animals.

Your apartment complex has pet of the month? Post a pic of your pet and the one with the most votes wins? Do they get a box of treats?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Your apartment complex has pet of the month? Post a pic of your pet and the one with the most votes wins? Do they get a box of treats?
I am not sure how it’s decided but they do get free treats at the weekly dog treat “food truck” for the month.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Men of CF…

Do any of you live with females yet have no Taylor Swift exposure?

It must be incredibly rare.
@Mr Janny, speak up.

I don’t hate Taylor, she just isn’t really my thing (nor our teen daughter’s). I listened to the new double album today after having listened to Cowboy Carter a bunch lately - and this just sounds more anemic in comparison to me. Taylor has better lyrics, and I love indie stuff so Florence + the Machine and some of her other duets lately have been appreciated when they show up in my Release Radar for the other artists. But I just don’t get it as far as the music goes.

(For the record, I am also not a member of the Beyhive or whatever, I just think B is incredibly talented and like TS is using her voice for quite a bit of good.)

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Remember when I said "Anti-Hero" works better with a true rock beat...?

Yep. Sounds better when it sounds like a 90s alternative rock song instead of very 2020s pop.

Still only four chords, but they hammer them into your head.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
@Mr Janny, speak up.

I don’t hate Taylor, she just isn’t really my thing (nor our teen daughter’s). I listened to the new double album today after having listened to Cowboy Carter a bunch lately - and this just sounds more anemic in comparison to me. Taylor has better lyrics, and I love indie stuff so Florence + the Machine and some of her other duets lately have been appreciated when they show up in my Release Radar for the other artists. But I just don’t get it as far as the music goes.

(For the record, I am also not a member of the Beyhive or whatever, I just think B is incredibly talented and like TS is using her voice for quite a bit of good.)

My takeaway from living with two Swifties is there are a handful of catchy songs, a handful of good songs, and a great deal of filler all of which sounds really, really alike. But I guess at the end of the day you can say that about most musicians.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
My takeaway from living with two Swifties is there are a handful of catchy songs, a handful of good songs, and a great deal of filler all of which sounds really, really alike. But I guess at the end of the day you can say that about most musicians.
I'd largely agree with this, but I'd add that a lot of the filler on any particular album only sounds a lot like the filler on that particular album. For instance, there's not a song on 1989 that sounds similar to anything on Folklore. She's gone through some pretty significant stylistic changes through her "eras."

Reactions: BACyclone

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Men of CF…

Yes. I'm indifferent and could not name a single TS song. My better half bristles at her mere mention in the media and thinks she is a (******) country artist.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yes. I'm indifferent and could not name a single TS song. My better half bristles at her mere mention in the media and thinks she is a (******) country artist.

Is it because your wife hates country or loves country and thinks Swift disgraces it?

My wife seems to have only really liked one album a few years ago and none before or after so I believe it’s possible.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Men of CF…

My spouse is not a Taylor Swift fan.
In general, I'm the bigger music fan, and so any exposure she gets to pop music is through me.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Is it because your wife hates country or loves country and thinks Swift disgraces it?

My wife seems to have only really liked one album a few years ago and none before or after so I believe it’s possible.
She definitely is NOT a country fan and I believe she is repulsed by TS because she's an artist that appeals to children.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
She definitely is NOT a country fan and I believe she is repulsed by TS because she's an artist that appeals to children.

This is so laughable. If kids like Taylor, it's because they're listening with their parents.

Related - Lots of parents are big mad that a 34 yo woman has swear words and references to sex on her latest album.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is so laughable. If kids like Taylor, it's because they're listening with their parents.

Related - Lots of parents are big mad that a 34 yo woman has swear words and references to sex on her latest album.
It is kinda funny how much it is progressing though

Kinda NSFW chart in the spoiler tag
1713895008822.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron