Tang apology

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't think a belief in Jesus and making the big dance are mutually exclusive. I DO think the way Tang is going about it is questionable, at best.

People don't like getting preached to by a holy roller about not cursing...while his staff is yelling "mother F'ers" at 19 year old student managers doing nothing wrong.

If someone here (not saying you) takes that as a personal attack on their religion, they need self reflection about why they are so fragile.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
After the blowout tonight he said "This one is my responsibility" as opposed to the last few that I guess were conspiracies against him by evil doers.
Watching his 'forced' press conference on Monday, where he had to apologize to the official, conference, etc., it was like pulling teeth, so fake, and uncomfortable (for him).

Then, when done ( the apology was also very quick), he started talking questions about his team and basketball. Even then, he was uncomfortable and out of his element. He wasn't in control.

He just looks like another used car salesman to me. A pretty poor one at that.

Reactions: Dgilbertson

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
People don't like getting preached to by a holy roller about not cursing...while his staff is yelling "mother F'ers" at 19 year old student managers doing nothing wrong.

If someone here (not saying you) takes that as a personal attack on their religion, they need self reflection about why they are so fragile.
Nobody can tell me he's not a hypocrite. His actions speak for themselves.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Watching his 'forced' press conference on Monday, where he had to apologize to the official, conference, etc., it was like pulling teeth, so fake, and uncomfortable (for him).

Then, when done ( the apology was also very quick), he started talking questions about his team and basketball. Even then, he was uncomfortable and out of his element. He wasn't in control.

He just looks like another used car salesman to me. A pretty poor one at that.
I watched his press conference that included two KSU players after the OU game, and I feel sorry for his players. They reminded me of hostages. I wanted someone to ask them to blink twice if you're being held captive. Their energy did not match their coach's.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We get it. You don't like religion. Thanks, now run along.
I don't want to speak for Gunner, but I took it as more of a tongue-in-cheek comment about praying for success in a sporting event. If you pray for effort, courage, safety, etc fine. If you claim your religion aided you in a victory over someone else (that could also be devout in their religious beliefs) there is a level of hubris that is tough to take. Tang gives that vibe sometimes.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I watched his press conference that included two KSU players after the OU game, and I feel sorry for his players. They reminded me of hostages. I wanted someone to ask them to blink twice if you're being held captive. Their energy did not match their coach's.

yikes. that is a team with no answers. maybe they find it, but i dont think they do. this is a bad league to not have an actual identity. right now it seems like their identity is Tang.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I don't think a belief in Jesus and making the big dance are mutually exclusive. I DO think the way Tang is going about it is questionable, at best.
As a committed Christian and avid sports fan, coaches and players do kind of irk me when they talk about how God did whatever or blessed them in some way to win.

I think God has much higher priorities for a sports-playing Christian than helping them win a meaningless game

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
As a committed Christian and avid sports fan, coaches and players do kind of irk me when they talk about how God did whatever or blessed them in some way to win.

I think God has much higher priorities for a sports-playing Christian than helping them win a meaningless game
ya. they are busy AF creating new kinds of lucky bounces for the iowa football team and making sure those legacy basketball recruits don't have parents with jobs that take them out of the midwest. they dont have time for those that can help themselves.

• Funny
Reactions: BigCyFan

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

You nailed why I mentioned "how Tang is going about it" as he is the definition of inconsistency. He (and his staff) don't practice what they preach. That is obvious to me.

Reactions: t-noah and HFCS

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
If the athletic program was forcing apologies, and they didn't see the need in offering one to TJ, they are as messed up as Tang!!!
I'm sure most KSU fans believe what Jimmy Wang Tang said about ISU cheating. So much the sadder for them.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
If you just believe hard enough in Jesus the lord your basketball team will always make the big dance. NEVER WORKS.
Because we all know the good lord is taking care of kstate basketball, while the world's a dysfunctional **** hole. Always amazes me how people think God cares about athletics. There's always a loser. Does God have something against the loser? We lost to BYU. Does that mean the Mormons got it right? Wait, Tech's leading the conference so that can't be it. Maybe the he's been leaning Babtist since Baylor's been good? Whole thing is just silly people thinking God has anything to do with the outcome of a sporting event.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron