Talley Up the Win

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Lots of great things to be happy about after this win, but probably none bigger than what I saw from Zoran tonight. Hasn't played a minute in most games this season which has to be tough for a senior who was honestly one of the better players on last year's team.

He had great body language and was honed in on defense the entire game. It's rare to have 6'7 guys who can handle and pass as well as he can, and I have a feeling he's going to be a real player for us the rest of the season.

Lots of respect to Zoran Talley for the way he has bought in and handled himself this season.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Need to do this more often just to keep everyone engaged, and to keep the top 7 more fresh.

Talley, Lewis and Conditt are all capable of quality minutes.
Heck, throw in Griffin too. He certainly held his own early this season when we had no other option. He’d probably be the last one in of those 4, but the dropoff isn’t big at all. And he definitely gets 10+ mins/game last season.

The future is certainly bright.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Talley is a great slasher.
He got a few steps behind on a couple defense switches but it all in all it was really good to see him out there getting those minutes. We'll need him.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I was SO happy to see Talley in there so much tonight and giving Prohm good productive minutes. As he showed last season, he's talented enough to be in the regular rotation, and you can always use a 6'7" long guy that plays defense and can actually drive it some too.

We know that both Talley and Lard have struggled off the court to do what Prohm wants out of them. That is well known. But it seems like they've really come around and both are starting to perform how Prohm wants them to on the court as well.

IMO, Prohm knows that this team can be VERY special come March if he can get everyone gelling together at the same time. That is the ultimate goal. Look what Prohm did with McKay.... same thing. Make them buy in both on and off the court first, and then hope they do so you can peak at the end of the year.

This team is still far from perfect, but my word, if Wigginton keeps on improving at the pace he is, and Lard does too, and then throw in Talley at times as well.... watch out folks. I hate getting too excited because like I said, at times we still look lost, but the potential of this team is off the charts if Prohm can get all the pieces working together.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is as close to a blue chip roster as we've ever had. Last two off the bench, Lewis and Griffin both 4 stars that play well even with limited minutes.

That's pretty scary when you think about it. Lewis and Griffin would play a ton, and start, for a LOT of teams in the country. I know a team a little east of Ames that would love to have their athleticism on their squad (no I'm not talking about UNI either), but they can hardly find any minutes at ISU.

We have a LOT of pieces on this team to make a great run if we can just put it all together.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Great to see Talley putting in significant minutes tonight. Even better that he was able to come in and not blow a 15 point lead just by being on the court. ;)

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
My 16 year old asked me who in the hell is this Talley guy and why hasn't he been playing? I thought Zoran was really impressive tonight given his lack of playing time.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
My friend that's a friend of a basketball manager said before the game that Talley's been doing great in practice lately and expect him to start getting some more minutes. I thought that meant like 5-10. Great to see him be a key part of the rotation

• Informative
Reactions: The_Architect