Talent shifting toward the offense?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Since Rhoads has been here, the defense has been pretty talented: Knott & Klein, L Johnson, Reeves, David Sims, J Washington, D Irving, J McDonough, etc.
Our offensive results have lagged behind, but I feel like there is an influx of offensive talent for 2013-2014 and beyond

Allen Lazard 2014 5-Star Wide Receiver
Jake Campos 2013 4-Star Offensive Line
Jeff Jones 2014 4-Star Running Back
Shawn Curtis 2013 4-Star (ESPN) Offensive Line
Duaron Williams 2012 3-Star Offensive Line, 4-Star talent before knee injury
Emmanuel Bibbs 2013
Quenton Bundrage
DeVondrick Nealy
Aaron Wimberly
Ernst Brun
Obviously I'm making a few assumptions here :rolleyes: and I'm sure I left a lot of talented guys out (unintentionally) I listed guys who I think will really stand out.

Maybe we will finally see the offense make some strides in 2013 and ahead. And hopefully the defense will stay salty.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
i would assume (and hope) that talent on both sides continues to improve

NFL talent. We don't have much of it (outside of that list ^) And the NFL talent in our latest recruiting classes appears to generally be on offense. Just my observation.

tysforcy

Sep 3, 2008
Des Moines
Technically yes, but we don't have a single player on our defense that was rated higher than 3 stars. We just have very good defensive coaches that turn that into very good talent

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Since Rhoads has been here, the defense has been pretty talented: Knott & Klein, L Johnson, Reeves, David Sims, J Washington, D Irving, J McDonough, etc.
Our offensive results have lagged behind, but I feel like there is an influx of offensive talent for 2013-2014 and beyond

Allen Lazard 2014 5-Star Wide Receiver
Jake Campos 2013 4-Star Offensive Line
Jeff Jones 2014 4-Star Running Back
Shawn Curtis 2013 4-Star (ESPN) Offensive Line
Duaron Williams 2012 3-Star Offensive Line, 4-Star talent before knee injury
Emmanuel Bibbs 2013
Quenton Bundrage
DeVondrick Nealy
Aaron Wimberly
Ernst Brun
Obviously I'm making a few assumptions here :rolleyes: and I'm sure I left a lot of talented guys out (unintentionally) I listed guys who I think will really stand out.

Maybe we will finally see the offense make some strides in 2013 and ahead. And hopefully the defense will stay salty.
I agree completely although you may be a bit early to label Jones a Good Guy. The main reason I see this year's team getting 8 or 9 wins in due to the incremental upgrades in talent in each of CPR's recruiting classes. As the Captain mentioned several weeks ago, the average talent level has improved significantly even with our 2 & 3 star recruiting classes. I have zero inside information but I don't see any glaring weaknesses on the '13 team and in fact believe our offense and secondary will be stellar primarily due to the overall Cyclone talent level and the kids all having a few years in the CPR program. I no longer drink the Kool-aid as I am now obviously on a Kool aid drip.