Survivor: Edge of Extinction

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Serious? I thought it made for fantastic TV. I loved it. The whole thing went to a S SHow. I thought it was awesome and I hope it happens again.

I'm kind of torn. I think tribal council should be a forum for people to argue their cases and negotiate, and it's more fun to watch than when they all arrive with their pre-determined vote, just sit there and the vote goes as planned. But I'm not sure I'd like it if every tribal council ended up with people running over to other sides and chaotically moving around. It also could lead to more air time for the tribal councils, cutting into the rest of the show which I wouldn't want to see. I already feel like I barely know some of the cast because of the focus on returning players and the castoffs, that would make it worse.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Admittedly, I have miised a few shows and am out of the loop.... can someone fill me in what happened with the cast members voted out that went to extinction island? Are they all still there? Are some of them being reintroduced back in to the tribe?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am not rooting for Rick. However, I think Rick is doing any thing he can to win. I think he changed his game because he knows they will use him voted out already against him. So he is trying to be the leader that guy.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't think they should let them do what they did last night at tribal council, I would make a rule that you have to stay in your seat. You could still do talking, but not the over-the-top stuff they did last night. It is interesting to see how answers at tribal can blow plans up, but what happened last night was too much!

This isn't grade school where you have to raise your hand just to go take a piss. These are adults who are playing a game for a million dollars. The whole point of Survivor is an ever-changing game with new twists and turns and different strategies can either work for or against you on any given season. The more chaos at tribal the better entertainment it is and it's what keeps Survivor fresh and relevant over the test of time.

I thought tribal was epic last night. One of the few times I had absolutely no idea who was going home after that played out. I think Julia basically screwed herself over at tribal by opening the can of worms that she did and that's why they sent her home. I thought Rick also was in danger of going home as he was saying some pretty bold things that contributed to the chaos too. I think his cockiness eventually gets him voted out soon. He already has a "screw you" attitude towards the people that voted him out the first time and last night I thought he was talking like a person who thinks he has the power in the game but in reality he still is just a pawn at this point probably.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Admittedly, I have miised a few shows and am out of the loop.... can someone fill me in what happened with the cast members voted out that went to extinction island? Are they all still there? Are some of them being reintroduced back in to the tribe?

Yes they are still out on extinction island. Rick won the challenge to get back into the game at the merge and the rest went back but Wendy and Keith chose to go home after that instead of continuing on so they basically are the only 2 that have completely left the game so far out of the 9 voted out. Assuming there is 1 more challenge coming closer to the final 4 probably where 1 more will get a chance to get back in the game. Going to be a big jury this season it looks like.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This isn't grade school where you have to raise your hand just to go take a piss. These are adults who are playing a game for a million dollars. The whole point of Survivor is an ever-changing game with new twists and turns and different strategies can either work for or against you on any given season. The more chaos at tribal the better entertainment it is and it's what keeps Survivor fresh and relevant over the test of time.

I thought tribal was epic last night. One of the few times I had absolutely no idea who was going home after that played out. I think Julia basically screwed herself over at tribal by opening the can of worms that she did and that's why they sent her home. I thought Rick also was in danger of going home as he was saying some pretty bold things that contributed to the chaos too. I think his cockiness eventually gets him voted out soon. He already has a "screw you" attitude towards the people that voted him out the first time and last night I thought he was talking like a person who thinks he has the power in the game but in reality he still is just a pawn at this point probably.

Anyone else feel like Kelly is being fed some stuff off camera? I mean this is the second time I thought she would be dumb not to use that idol. Her name was being thrown all over the place with her knowing it and she still didn't use it. It's like she has way more info than what they are showing us she has. Jeff loves her. You can always tell Jeff Probst favorite players. He calls them by their last name instead of their first.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Did Jeff marry that 1 cast member from a previous season? I know he was mixing it up with her. It wouldn't surprise me if he's shagged a few others along the way.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I kept hearing how last night's tribal was 'the best tribal in the 38 seasons of the show' so thought it was going to be one for the books. I thought it was interesting but nothing that crazy I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I kept hearing how last night's tribal was 'the best tribal in the 38 seasons of the show' so thought it was going to be one for the books. I thought it was interesting but nothing that crazy I guess.

I thought the one where Russell Hanz played the idol for someone else and single handedly decided who went home.

I think Probst just lived with one of the contestants. Not sure they got married.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Did Jeff marry that 1 cast member from a previous season? I know he was mixing it up with her. It wouldn't surprise me if he's shagged a few others along the way.

He's been married twice. First wife was not a Survivor contestant, they divorced in 2001. He dated Julie Berry from season 9 for awhile and his current wife since 2011 is Lisa Ann Russell who is an actress but never was on Survivor. Would not be surprised if he hooked up with a few other former contestants between wives.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I thought the one where Russell Hanz played the idol for someone else and single handedly decided who went home.

I think Probst just lived with one of the contestants. Not sure they got married.

That one was pretty epic but this one could be the most epic as Cirie basically went home by default because everyone else had immunity and not a single vote was cast against her:

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
One other thing. Survivor could hire some people from MTV's the Challenge to help them with the contests. Survivor contests are so stale these days. Every single one of them is basically the same thing. Do a small obstacle course, followed by a puzzle. The other version is stand on something really long and hold something while doing it. My daughter and I love contests on these types of shows but we are both just kind of over the survivor stuff. MTV challenge has a bunch of nonsense but they do have some really cool contests we like to watch. Don't care much for the other stuff on that show.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah they have got to the point of recycling a lot of the challenges lately from previous seasons. Some are OK while some aren't that entertaining to watch. Seems like there aren't as many physically grueling challenges anymore either. One thing I wish they'd do once a season are the eating challenges. Haven't seen a Survivor trivia challenge in awhile either.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

There was a rumor he dated Jerri Manthey for a while but I am not sure that turned out to be true.

He did, however, date Vanuatu (Season 9) contestant Julie Berry for two years. No longer together.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Anybody else tired of Julie?
I agree in that letting her emotions get the best of her is a bit much, but kudos to her for trusting her gut and blowing things open. She knew she was scaps on the bottom of the kama tribe and with that actually called out those trying to "use".

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone