Support Cyclone Football & New ISU Cheerleader from Assumption HS (Davenport)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think they are on some sort of rotation of colors. Last year was white. Year before gray. Year before that gold. Then cardinal.

I was expecting the grey/green from last year's uniforms.

At any rate, it isn't black and gold. It is white, cardinal and gold on black. No Hokeye will ever think this is for their team.

fb2017_front-jpg.47650

Wonder if they had different colors. My 2015 and 2103 are both cardinal.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I am going to be a whiner.

But last time I looked our school colors are cardinal & gold. Hawkeye colors are black & gold. Just don't know why the athletic deparment would have a fundraiser selling t-shirts the color of one of our top rivals. When was the last time the Hawks did a fundraiser where the lone t-shirt color was cardinal/red? My guess never.

Not saying cardinal & gold are only choices- grey, white, etc are all "neutral" colors that work. Hate seeing the color black at Cyclone games.

Related story.....I was shopping at Scheel's a couple weeks ago, and they had several Iowa State shirts in black and gold. No idea why.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I have a couple of black Iowa State shirts and a black Iowa State hat. I think they look nice. But I would never wear a black shirt to an actual Cyclone sports event. I did wear my nifty black hat to a couple of basketball games this winter, though.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm all for supporting both the athletic department, football team, and the cheer squad, but isn't this a little bit of targeted marketing. It's like the girl scouts setting up shop outside Hy-Vee, or the mom who passes around the cookie sheet to her office of 3000 people. Shooting fish in a barrel.

Or Fitzy using WRNL to become 'The Tournament' king of fans.

Are the cookies made with real Girl Scouts?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wonder if they had different colors. My 2015 and 2103 are both cardinal.

Not 100% sure of colors, but I remember white, grey, cardinal, and gold in recent years.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I am going to be a whiner.

But last time I looked our school colors are cardinal & gold. Hawkeye colors are black & gold. Just don't know why the athletic deparment would have a fundraiser selling t-shirts the color of one of our top rivals. When was the last time the Hawks did a fundraiser where the lone t-shirt color was cardinal/red? My guess never.

Not saying cardinal & gold are only choices- grey, white, etc are all "neutral" colors that work. Hate seeing the color black at Cyclone games.

I'm pretty sure the last 3 colors have been grey, white, and red. The white one looks nice but it's a ***** to keep it looking good all day. The black shirt looks nice I'll probably pick one up at the tailgate tour in May. Tangentially related I wish they would sell the BB T's in short sleeve instead of long.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron