Super Bowl Party Food thread

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I dont think the instant pot will give very good results as I can't imagine the skin getting crispy. I could be wrong.

The way alton brown makes oven chicken wings is pretty easy and they are delicious. The steaming basket rack he used isnt something that is sold he made it. I have two that have long enough legs that I simply stack them if I make enough to justify it. Use what ever sauce you like. I just use the Chipotle Tobacco sauce.

I did wings in my insta. They were almost to tender. The skin was not good either. My suggestion is do about 10 minutes in the instapot and then throw them on the grill to crips the skins. They will be perfect.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I did wings in my insta. They were almost to tender. The skin was not good either. My suggestion is do about 10 minutes in the instapot and then throw them on the grill to crips the skins. They will be perfect.
I was going to do 10-15 minutes in the instant pot and then broil to crisp them up.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14968/bacon-wrapped-water-chestnuts-iii/
Doing these and a variation with lil smokies and jalapeno slices.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/45157/quick-pickled-eggs-and-beets/
Thought about doing deviled eggs but didn't want to put in the effort.

Also going to have sweet gherkins, black and green olives, oysters, pickled herring, fruit w/ cream cheese frosting, summer sausage w/ cheese, and whatever our friends decide to make. They tend to go way overboard like me. So much for new year new me. More like new year same ol glutton.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I was going to do 10-15 minutes in the instant pot and then broil to crisp them up.
This would likely work well. If I were to do this I would dry any excess moisture off the exterior with paper towels before broiling to help the crisping process.

I will still probably do the alton brown method Sunday as I know it works wonderfully. Although it does takes significantly longer.

• Informative
Reactions: ScottyP

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I have a recipe for crab dip that is very tasty. Can be made in the crock pot, or in a casserole dish. It's heavy on Old Bay seasoning and parmesan. I like to serve it with blue corn tortilla chips, because it's "fancy" but it's just as good with Fritos.
Another trick for "fancy" party appetizers is premade phyllo cups. You can take basically any kind of dip and fill the cups with it, so long as it tastes good warmed up.
Spinach artichoke, bacon cheddar, buffalo chicken dip, etc. Throw it in the oven to get a little crispy and serve. I made it one time with pork rillettes and picked red onion and it was really good.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
One year, our neighbors threw a last minute Super Bowl party together (2 hour notice type of thing). We didn't have much on hand to bring so I grilled up a bunch of brats, cut them into slices, stuck some toothpicks in them and served them with some cheese. Super simple, but having them snack-size made them a hit.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
wheel-tire-tyre-treads-car-260nw-531480856.jpg
Learn to spell ya damned Limey!

;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Depends who shows up. A couple fourth of July’s ago my wife made some monster bars. A couples autistic child must not have like them because he crawled up on the table and peed on them. Told the wife just to toss the pan and all. If they show up, those bars are hidden.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron