Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs Eagles | Poll and Game Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
In other words they played the easiest schedule in the entire league? I did not know that. How is that possible when their division was pretty tough all year?
By Strength of Schedule they were tied for 22nd for hardest. KC was actually 31st and the 49ers 32nd. However, at one point per ESPN's FPI, Philly was 31st, but ended up at 23rd. It's really pick a metric to support a narrative.

• Informative
Reactions: dahliaclone

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Not sure how I want to vote here. I hope refs don't play a huge factor in the outcome of the game as they've been horrendous lately, per usual.

I lean eagles, but its hard to count out Mahomes. It depends on his health along with his wrs. Eagles haven't really done anything too impressive. Giants weren't that good and you played an injured 9ers team to get to the super bowl.

Chiefs have the coaching advantage with more experience, but eagles have the healthier team.

I wanted to see a 9ers bengals super bowl. So I don't know if I am as interested in this game as I would be had Purdy not gotten hurt and Ossai didn't give Butker and extra 15 yards for the go ahead win.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I would say holding Cincy to 20 is probably a better accomplishment than holding Josh Johnson/no QB to 7. If you can’t throw downfield you have zero shot in the NFL. This isn’t HS or college where a team can line it up knowing they have to run and have success. The worst defense in the NFL can shut that down.
I'm gonna send you an application to be the new defensive coordinator for my Vikings.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I think Mahomes will be in pretty good shape by game day, Modern medicine at that level is pretty amazing. Now if they can get their reciever corp to perform that is the question. I like watching Mahomes so I guess I'm cheering for the Chiefs, but either way I'll watch.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
This match up for the Chiefs reminds me of a couple years ago when Lamar Jackson and the Ravens had it rolling pretty good and the matchup with Mahomes was considered top billing.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Key to beating Chiefs has been getting pressure without blitzing and having a long ball control oriented offense that can keep off field. So pretty much a perfect description of how Philly built their team.

Having bad flashbacks to the TB game with the pressure and injury situation starting to add up for KC. Hopefully can get a game on full strength and get WR room healthy.

Glad for the extra week of rest, not sure Mahomes could have even finished the game last night after that run if Butker would have by chance missed that FG. All time gutsy performance.

• Agree
Reactions: BigTurk

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I wonder if we will start seeing more 10-20 million dollar QBs and then spend that extra money on more team members to have more long term success? Probably not because everyone wants top dollar but it could be way more fun to be on a team built that way.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Key to beating Chiefs has been getting pressure without blitzing and having a long ball control oriented offense that can keep off field. So pretty much a perfect description of how Philly built their team.

Having bad flashbacks to the TB game with the pressure and injury situation starting to add up for KC. Hopefully can get a game on full strength and get WR room healthy.

Glad for the extra week of rest, not sure Mahomes could have even finished the game last night after that run if Butker would have by chance missed that FG. All time gutsy performance.

KC's O-line was in shambles going into that SB. Right now, that's like the only completely healthy part of their offense.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah it is weird that Chiefs have had so many injuries at this point twice now. But right now at least it looks like some of the players can make it back for the SB as opposed to a couple years ago when there was no chance some of those OL were going to play.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
one thing is 100% is portions of Philly will be looted and burned down win or lose.

but no way do the eagles lose this game IMO.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I wonder if we will start seeing more 10-20 million dollar QBs and then spend that extra money on more team members to have more long term success? Probably not because everyone wants top dollar but it could be way more fun to be on a team built that way.
There really isn't a supply of those guys out there is the problem. It's either rookie deal or expensive guys. What we will probably continue to see though, are the "pay the piper" type deals like Stafford had and Allen is on still this year, where there's a year or two of a big contract with a low cap hit, then it really escalates. Rams are kind of the case. Is easy to look at the Rams, as their go for broke year ended with a SB, but that margin is razor thin. The odds you win a SB even in a stacked year like that is not great, and now they are going to in terrible shape for at least a couple years.

I am very curious to watch the Bills moving forward. Based on cap their roster is going to start looking a lot different. The cap hit from probably their three best players - Allen, Diggs and Milano was like $33M this year, and that goes to $73M next year.

Basically I see the league as the Chiefs and 31 teams that have at best small windows to challenge before the QB cap beast alters their roster. The Chiefs have a QB that's great enough with a cap number that is going to keep them in the hunt as long as he's around and healthy.

Teams like the Eagles, Bengals, Chargers, and others have 1-2 years depending on their QB contract situation. The 49ers are the other oddball, but who the hell knows depending on Purdy's injury.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Eagles are gonna roll ‘em.
Not sure why this got laughs. Chiefs have so many injuries and Eagles don’t. Eagles can run the ball Chiefs can’t. Eagles have great pass defense and we’ve seen how that plays against a great but depleted passing offense. I don’t want Eagles to win but they will win big.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
There really isn't a supply of those guys out there is the problem. It's either rookie deal or expensive guys. What we will probably continue to see though, are the "pay the piper" type deals like Stafford had and Allen is on still this year, where there's a year or two of a big contract with a low cap hit, then it really escalates. Rams are kind of the case. Is easy to look at the Rams, as their go for broke year ended with a SB, but that margin is razor thin. The odds you win a SB even in a stacked year like that is not great, and now they are going to in terrible shape for at least a couple years.

I am very curious to watch the Bills moving forward. Based on cap their roster is going to start looking a lot different. The cap hit from probably their three best players - Allen, Diggs and Milano was like $33M this year, and that goes to $73M next year.

Basically I see the league as the Chiefs and 31 teams that have at best small windows to challenge before the QB cap beast alters their roster. The Chiefs have a QB that's great enough with a cap number that is going to keep them in the hunt as long as he's around and healthy.

Teams like the Eagles, Bengals, Chargers, and others have 1-2 years depending on their QB contract situation. The 49ers are the other oddball, but who the hell knows depending on Purdy's injury.

For that money, these are the QBs you can get on a 2nd contract.

Jameis Winston - $14m
Mariota - 9.3m
Jimmy G - 7m (might be best value here)
Tryod Taylor - 5m

The starting price for a QB is 30m for mediocrity (Tannehill/Ryan/Wentz), you might as well spend 40m-50m on a superstar.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The Eagles haven't had to face many good QBs. Dak and a declining Rodgers are probably the best they have had to face. I mean they didn't have to face a QB against the 49ers. If Mahomes and the WRs get healthy, I will take the Chiefs.
I concur with this. Philly had a cream puff schedule all year and never faced a tough test in the playoffs either. Hope the Chiefs stick it to them.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I might be wrong, but I think it’s a little unfair to completely discredit for the Eagles domination to this point while also crediting the Chiefs defense that was playing against an abysmal Cincinnati OL last night. That said, I’m rooting for the chiefs

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Philly's OL is probably the best in the NFL. KC was able to pressure Burrows and disrupt the Bengals offense pretty consistently, they won't be able to do that against Philly. That'll open the door to Hurts shredding KC's young DBs with Brown, Smith, Goedert, three really good offensive weapons. On the flip side, Philly has one of the best defensive backfields in the NFL, not good for KC. Eagles will be able to go man and focus on bottling up Kelce. I think Philly wins pretty easily.

• Haha
Reactions: Halincandenza