Sump pump / battery backup

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
It's not the $100, it's me not knowing what I'm doing. Stop over and I'll give you a $100 to do it.

Grab a flashlight, pop off the top and stick your head in there. It's literally one hose clamp and a power cord. Even a caveman could do it.

If I can pull it off while it's filling up with water, you can do it when it's dry. :twitcy:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I just went down there and looked at it. I forgot that it actually wasn't a bad pump it just seems to be plugged. If I pour water into it nothing happens but I can hear the pump running. Looks very messy.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
If this is your back-up I'd seriously look at one of the water powered sump pumps. You hook them into your city water line (assuming you're on city water) and the water spins the pump so you don't need to rely on a battery or electricity to suck the water out of the pit. I put on in last year and it's pretty easy to do.

This X10...The battery backups only last about 3-4 hours so if you're without power for an extended period of time in the spring when everything is melting and you have that first rain, you're screwed.

Tazzels

Aug 22, 2006
'72 Winnebago
Battery backups will fail with 3-4 hour power failure.

We just had a low voltage outage that lasted 3-4 hours. A transmission line went down in Robbins (CR) This is 70 miles away. Thank you alliant energy for shutting down power generating stations. Low voltage is a killer on small HP motors. A gas or diesel powered generator is a very good investment if you have a lot of water pumping in your basement and a finished basement.

Help Support Us

Become a patron