STORY: Milan Momcilovic opens eyes, Cyclones roll in season opener

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Milan Momcilovic canned a three to open the scoring in Iowa State's 85-44 win.

At that moment, Hilton Coliseum knew it had something special. More here from the opener from @cfchangs9:

• Winner
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m totally agog at the thought of Milan, J.T. and Omaha on the front line next year.

Yeah, I know the chances of that are slim and none—but I can dream, can’t I?

Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
WTF is with the man bun? Not a good look for him.

Grill played 22 minutes was 3-8 from the field 1-6 from 3 and 8-9 FT for 15 points 7 boards 1 steal.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Back to Milan I know it's just 1 game but a very impressive debut. He looked confident and hit his shots in stride and after seeing his recruiting highlights I think there is more to his game we will see with his ability to score in the paint too. He just looks very polished for a freshman and it sure looks like he's bought in on the defensive side too as he made some nice plays and did not look like a liability.

Omaha got all the hype coming and and for a good reason as he's talented as heck but it was night and day how these 2 looked the other night as the game looked like it was slowed down for Milan and for Omaha it was sped up and he got into early foul trouble and had to settle down. Both will have their moments this year I think but Milan for now looks like he has his starting spot locked down while Omaha is going to have to earn his minutes

Reactions: Cycsk