Step up Cyclone fans: New, additional support for Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I have seen other posts on this but I love the idea and wanted it to have a separate thread. If ISU grads and fans that are in a position to step up with an additional contribution to the university in this unprecedented time would do so, it would at a minimum soften the blow. I know personally I have not been impacted a lot yet (did have to take a pay cut but still have a steady job) so I will discuss with the spouse and make an additional contribution in the coming months to my alma mater.

If we could get 30,000 or more to kick in just $50-$200 that is several million additional that the university can use to offset the dramatic declines they have endured and the increased expenses they will be experiencing with the extra efforts that will be required just to hold classes again.

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
I have seen other posts on this but I love the idea and wanted it to have a separate thread. If ISU grads and fans that are in a position to step up with an additional contribution to the university in this unprecedented time would do so, it would at a minimum soften the blow. I know personally I have not been impacted a lot yet (did have to take a pay cut but still have a steady job) so I will discuss with the spouse and make an additional contribution in the coming months to my alma mater.

If we could get 30,000 or more to kick in just $50-$200 that is several million additional that the university can use to offset the dramatic declines they have endured and the increased expenses they will be experiencing with the extra efforts that will be required just to hold classes again.

I'm already in. I increased my donation level by $500 a couple of weeks ago.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I know that there were a number of CF members on here who stated that they didn't want or need the COVID Economic Stimulus check, so maybe they could just forward the stimulus money on to ISU and chip in some additional. That would put it to good use for ISU.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm slightly tapped right now, but do agree to add another 20k to ISU for next year. That should work.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm in no position right now. Mrs. Velo has been laid off since March with no assurance of if/when she will be called back and I am facing furlough starting in August. The only question being whether it will be one day every two weeks or one day every week.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll be donating any extra dollars to hospital workers needing PPE instead. Priorities.