Stanford's Bryce Love Returning to Stanford For Senior Year

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
very surprising. I saw Wisconsin had some kids stick around as well that could have been pretty high draft picks.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
very surprising. I saw Wisconsin had some kids stick around as well that could have been pretty high draft picks.

I'm surprised mostly due to the position he plays. There's so much wear and tear on running backs that you'd think it would be best for them to get to the NFL and start cashing checks for as long as they can before they start falling apart. But I suppose a Stanford degree is a nice thing to have handy post-career, too.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Was it just me, or did it seem like when that white big guy from KU had the put back dunk to go up three, the ball didn't go through the hoop? Did they call goaltending on WVU? They never said anything on TV, but KU still got the points.

• Informative
Reactions: cdface

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He's going to school to be a doctor, makes sense he would stay for his senior year. if football doesn't work out, he's going to be just fine.

That makes some sense. Still tough to resist the lure of an NFL paycheck but if he has an academic or career goal in mind then good on him.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He can always go back to school after football

That's true. But (and this is just my own experience), once you leave school the longer you're out the less likely it is that you'll go back.

If he's got some academic and career goals that reach beyond football then more power to him. Stay healthy, get the classwork done, and the NFL can wait.

Still a surprising decision but considering he waited until the last day for underclassmen to declare he must have put some serious thought into it.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Was it just me, or did it seem like when that white big guy from KU had the put back dunk to go up three, the ball didn't go through the hoop? Did they call goaltending on WVU? They never said anything on TV, but KU still got the points.

Pretty sure you put this in the wrong forum or you're just a huge fan of conversing like my grandfather.

Either way, yes, they called goaltending during that play you mentioned. The WVU player came up through the hoop and blocked the ball.

Reactions: skibumspe

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
That's true. But (and this is just my own experience), once you leave school the longer you're out the less likely it is that you'll go back.

If he's got some academic and career goals that reach beyond football then more power to him. Stay healthy, get the classwork done, and the NFL can wait.

Still a surprising decision but considering he waited until the last day for underclassmen to declare he must have put some serious thought into it.
Was he projected to be a first round pick or just a mid to late round pick?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Was he projected to be a first round pick or just a mid to late round pick?

Tough to say for sure because we don't know how running backs are going to be valued this year. But going into the combine and predraft workout season he would have been the near consensus second best RB behind Saquon Barkley. Hard to envision him dropping out of the first round.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Pretty sure you put this in the wrong forum or you're just a huge fan of conversing like my grandfather.

Either way, yes, they called goaltending during that play you mentioned. The WVU player came up through the hoop and blocked the ball.

Yeah, thanks. WTF? How was I in this forum? I don't even remember this thread. Picked the wrong day to quit smoking I guess. :rolleyes:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm curious why. Business wise it's likely costing him a couple million.

He's studying to become a pediatrician, and from what I can tell he comes from a family that's pretty stable finacially so there's no pressure on him to start earning and taking care of everyone.

Different circumstances for everyone. I think he's taking a pretty big risk by not getting while the getting is good, but it sounds like he's got a lot more planned for his life than just football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron