Stage Door

FishingClone

Jan 18, 2016
Hiawatha, Iowa
Had anyone been to the Stage Door event they hold before and after basketball games? What exactly is it? Just got an email about it today. (We are new donors and season ticket holders).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Had anyone been to the Stage Door event they hold before and after basketball games? What exactly is it? Just got an email about it today. (We are new donors and season ticket holders).

The email pretty well sums it up. Decent way to grab a beer before the game. Gets pretty crowded though, so get there early if you want a table.

I find going up early and having a beer beats coming up later and spending 30 minutes sitting in traffic on elwood though.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
The email pretty well sums it up. Decent way to grab a beer before the game. Gets pretty crowded though, so get there early if you want a table.

I find going up early and having a beer beats coming up later and spending 30 minutes sitting in traffic on elwood though.

Yeah, we go before and after games as well to miss the traffic. Really nice after the games as you can watch the parking lots to see when the traffic has cleared out. Grab a pitcher or two of beer and eat the free popcorn (popcorn only after the game).

Even though it does get busy, it's still not as cramped as Johnny's for most games.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
So most games we will have our kids. Are they okay to bring in there? 12, 9 and 6 years old.

Yes, we take our 9 and 10 year old on occasion. It's not an overly rowdy crowd by any means. The only crazy night I remember was after one of the Iowa games, everyone came over afterwards to celebrate and it got a bit loud, but nothing too bad.

If they want drinks, I would suggest buying pop from the vending machines over buying at the bar as it's cheaper if i remember correctly :)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I rarely get down to games anymore. How do they ID your Cyclone Club membership since they don't send us card ID's anymore?

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I rarely get down to games anymore. How do they ID your Cyclone Club membership since they don't send us card ID's anymore?

Super Duper Secret handshake :)

(in all seriousness, they haven't verified memberships in a while.. i guess they always could start again this year, but after Johnny's opened, they aren't as strict anymore).

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

(in all seriousness, they haven't verified memberships in a while.. i guess they always could start again this year, but after Johnny's opened, they aren't as strict anymore).

Thanks.

johnstoncy

Oct 18, 2006
Johnston
www.rtsports.com

Basically if your money is green they will let you buy the $12 pitchers.

Reactions: ISC

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Even though it does get busy, it's still not as cramped as Johnny's for most games.

Yeah, thankfully they'll be expanding that again soon. Johnnys is so packed as to be claustrophobia-inducing during games.