STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It shouldn't, and probably doesn't matter, but I'm about 90% sure that his dad reads this board and this thread.
Hey Mr. Foster!
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Was sifting through some Xavier Foster articles and found this quote from an article written by Matthew Bain two days ago.

The context of the quote comes from someone asking why Iowa can't get highly-rated recruits.

"On paper, this looks more like a mid-major class than a Big Ten class. Of course, that's just on paper. Jordan Bohannon was considered a low- to mid-major prospect, and he's become a Hawkeye legend."

The bolded part has me absolutely DYING. Listen, J-Bo is a nice player who has developed very well from his freshman year to now. But there is absolutely no way he is a Hawkeye Legend as Bain put it. Beloved player and fan favorite? Yes. Legend? Laughable.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I'm not sweating it either way. He's good enough to help ISU but he's not going to make or break the program. Conversely he's nowhere near good enough to save Iowa with the recruiting class they have coming in.

I think pairing him with Conditt or Solo next year would give us an elite frontcourt especially on the defensive side. He's still developing. Give him the summer with college coaches and a college strength and training program and he would be a difference-maker next year. Just my opinion.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Xavier made Bossi signing week preview. the last sentence it the most telling on where the national media are on XF decision.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/signing-week-preview-top-available-centers

"Who's involved? Iowa and Iowa State.

The latest: As has always been expected, the 7-footer's decision is coming down to the two in-state high majors. He was on both campuses within the last week and his recruitment has been one of the best two-team battles in the 2020 class. The mobile senior is set to announce his college decision during a press conference at his school on Monday morning. Our FutureCast pick is currently favoring Iowa, but nobody feels very certain about which school he may choose."

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Was sifting through some Xavier Foster articles and found this quote from an article written by Matthew Bain two days ago.

The context of the quote comes from someone asking why Iowa can't get highly-rated recruits.

"On paper, this looks more like a mid-major class than a Big Ten class. Of course, that's just on paper. Jordan Bohannon was considered a low- to mid-major prospect, and he's become a Hawkeye legend."

The bolded part has me absolutely DYING. Listen, J-Bo is a nice player who has developed very well from his freshman year to now. But there is absolutely no way he is a Hawkeye Legend as Bain put it. Beloved player and fan favorite? Yes. Legend? Laughable.
Hitting buzzer beaters against Rutgers and Northwestern is legendary, indeed.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY and DSMCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Again, if he's stupid enough to pick Iowa over us, then he's too stupid to be at Iowa State.

There should be no meltdown if he picks iowa. I won’t care even a tiny bit. There’s no logical reason he’d pick iowa instead of us.
Jesus, you’ve already started your meltdown. There’s no need to attack recruits that haven’t even signed elsewhere because you’re an unstable lunatic that can’t handle rejection.

Sure, the staff has done all they can, and if Xavier were to choose Iowa there’s likely nothing they could have done differently. It doesn’t mean Foster is dumb, it means he doesn’t prioritize things that are typically most valuable to players that aspire to have success. And please, stop alluding to his Dad taking advantage of his son. This is the Foster’s decision, your bi-polar, insecurities be damned.

There should never be a meltdown over a single recruit going elsewhere. That doesn’t mean we don’t care. I’m sure the staff will care. We’ve recruited him for years and he would really help us win.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm not sure it tops the Des Moines pollution/bar/limo/health club conspiracy one or the ISU library bathroom one or the RV parking in South Chicago one but it might be top ten.
Can someone enlighten me regarding the RV parking thread? I missed that one.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Jesus, you’ve already started your meltdown. There’s no need to attack recruits that haven’t even signed elsewhere because you’re an unstable lunatic that can’t handle rejection.

Sure, the staff has done all they can, and if Xavier were to choose Iowa there’s likely nothing they could have done differently. It doesn’t mean Foster is dumb, it means he doesn’t prioritize things that are typically most valuable to players that aspire to have success. And please, stop alluding to his Dad taking advantage of his son. This is the Foster’s decision, your bi-polar, insecurities be damned.

There should never be a meltdown over a single recruit going elsewhere. That doesn’t mean we don’t care. I’m sure the staff will care. We’ve recruited him for years and he would really help us win.
Except Vaughn. We may have been justified in melting down over that one.