Spring Game - fun for kids?

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
I'm considering taking our three kids to the spring game. They like watching football, but the game itself won't be enough to justify travel time and all that.

Are there other things going on besides the game that are fun for kids? Cyclones.com promotes Cy's House of Trivia but not much else about the day.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
It's a great opportunity to check out the field and players up close however I do not know it there are meet and greets or special events for kids. You would think they would be listed if so.

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
The Cyclone Gridiron Club will have a tailgate before the game at the north end of the stadium. It is a family friendly event with several kids activities. Open to everyone. Details below.

Join us for a family-friendly tailgate prior to the 2018 Spring Game! Tailgate starts at 11 a.m., game at 1 p.m.

Lunch Details
Adults $10
Kids High School and Younger - $5
Food provided by Chef Kevin Terrell and Those Guys

**First come, first serve for food, while supplies last**

Please RSVP to this if you plan on attending, this will help us to get an approximate count for food.

Activities at the tent include:
Head Coach Matt Campbell addressing our crowd, time TBD
50/50 Raffle
Sale of exclusive CGC merchandise
Kids can try on football uniforms and helmets
Take a picture with a member of the Spirit Squad
Kids table for coloring / craft
Mingle with fellow Cyclone fans

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
We tried to go to that lunch last year, maybe 30 or 40 minutes before the game and they were out of food. It was a gorgeous day, and I think they severely underestimated the number of people coming. :confused: :)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Good stuff around the event. The game itself will be boring fir the kids. But they may go on the field afterwards.

• Winner
Reactions: SoapyCy

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
I received an email about the following event before the spring game.

"Cyclone Market: Fans are invited to purchase products and food made by students along tent row in the parking lots north of Jack Trice Stadium. The event will run from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. This event will help Iowa State student organizations fundraise for the upcoming year while promoting their missions."

Sounds like a rebranding of the World Food Fair that use to occur at Great Hall of the MU during Viesha.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Bring a diaper for all if the portajohn situation is like last year.