Southern Scuffle January 1st and 2nd 2020

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
That went over your head.
1gdwgi.jpg

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
A bunch of people are going to overreact to this comment but his stance and body type remind me of Jake Herbert at times. There is a lot to like about what I’ve seen. He does have to figure a way to get some offense from space and to defend his legs. He seems like a strong dude though.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Reeves goes 0-2. Got majored in the consos by Newell from Pitt who was 6-5 coming in. Went 3-4 last year as a true frosh and never won a HS title. I have been and remain concerned.

Broderson...polar opposite. Keep it rolling, young man.

• Agree
Reactions: Kreeves

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Those knee braces that they wear from ACLs are extremely difficult to wrestle with. Worse when you wrestle someone who want to throw some, just puts you on your back to easily. Generally they sleeve then slide the brace on and then put the protective sleeve over that.
Yet Spencer Lee seems to do just fine.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
  • Agree
Reactions: Kreeves

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I'm not sure if it was Straw's match, but was it the kid? I think he was on Mat 3 and is honestly the best wrestling announcer I have heard.
No he was on 6 I think , the kid was awesome . This guy was signing autographs and thought he knew more about Iowa State than he actually did .

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I must not know what kind of brace you're talking about. I seem to remember him wearing a pretty large one since day 1. Here's two recent matches.
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...-nolan-hellickson-harvard-vs-spencer-lee-iowa

But you are right...I almost posted he's the exception.
I remain concerned about Reeves.

I remember him wearing one his freshman year and then around Christmas or so the big hawk news was he shedded it. I have seen him wear a sleeve since then. There are two main brands that are common, donjoy and (other name is slipping my mind now). Donjoy is slimmer but the other brand lock the knee down better.

I have been unable to catch more than one of Spencer’s matches this year and don’t remember how often he wore what last year. He may have put it back on for some reason.

tried opening the links but phone must have been tired and just sat there so I will take your word. If so, wonder if he injured something because nobody wants to wear the full brace.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I remember him wearing one his freshman year and then around Christmas or so the big hawk news was he shedded it. I have seen him wear a sleeve since then. There are two main brands that are common, donjoy and (other name is slipping my mind now). Donjoy is slimmer but the other brand lock the knee down better.

I have been unable to catch more than one of Spencer’s matches this year and don’t remember how often he wore what last year. He may have put it back on for some reason.

tried opening the links but phone must have been tired and just sat there so I will take your word. If so, wonder if he injured something because nobody wants to wear the full brace.
Sorry, I was mostly being snarky and I'm sure you know better what brace is what. All I'll say is that the braces that Lee and Marrinelli wear are significantly larger than what I saw Reeves wearing yesterday. Which tells me the knee is not much of an issue for him yet he went 0-2, hence my concern.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Kreeves and BCClone