Southern Scuffle January 1st and 2nd 2020

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I’d rather have starters periodically sit out against Utah Valley, Harvard, Campbell, etc.

Obviously Dresser knows better than I do. I just really like watching our guys compete in high-level tournaments.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Also doesn’t Coach play a large part in scheduling? If that is the philosophy, fine. Then don’t schedule the Shuffle. Plenty of other tourneys to get the non starters matches.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Part of it might be how the team is responding. Degen a little dinged up.

Colbray had a brutal bracket at CKLV. Maybe needs to adjust things there.

Also was wondering if the ASU trip was always planned to be a 3 meet dual and with it being on a baseball diamond. Sounds like a fun event.

Front side of our schedule was pretty tough with Iowa and CKLV tourney.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
And Assad is in the finals at 184

Assad got 2nd
Wilke got 3rd
Brands didn't place
It's not messy in my mind... Wilke just earned the spot for the near future (until he takes some bad losses). Next year Assad will win that spot. Brand's just isn't big enough for 184 and will backup Wilke & Kem this year. He will be a solid backup next year behind those guys unless there is an injury or he decides to transfer to ISU ;)

Could you imagine if he transfers to ISU. Heads would explode. LOL He's always been a class act from what I can see so I'd welcome him with open arms. IF the rumors of David moving up next year are true then he'd have to beat out Coleman which is a tough task.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Part of it might be how the team is responding. Degen a little dinged up.

Colbray had a brutal bracket at CKLV. Maybe needs to adjust things there.

Also was wondering if the ASU trip was always planned to be a 3 meet dual and with it being on a baseball diamond. Sounds like a fun event.

Front side of our schedule was pretty tough with Iowa and CKLV tourney.
I think this is more it. The scheduling thing doesn't really make much sense. You still end up with 8 duals in 22 days or whatever. If making weight and being "up" for each of the duals is the issue, you give a couple starters breaks along the way based on dual matchups. There are only so many opportunities to replicate the tournament environment like they will see at nationals, I hate giving this one away.

Deep breath...trust Dresser...

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Brackets are available at arena.flowrestling.org

Reeves has Townsell from Stanford first match. Ranked 25 by Flo.

Broderson has a match he should win first and then will face Hazel from Lock Haven who was R16 at NCAA last year. Ranked 15 by Flo.

Reactions: DavidBroderson

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Reeves looks like he shed the huge knee brace since the last time I’ve seen him. Wearing much more of a normal knee pad today.

Reeves has been aggressive and looks to be moving pretty well. To me it appears he’s rounding into form from his injury.

He loses 8-4, but I still think he looks a lot better than earlier in the year which is a good sign.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Reeves looks like he shed the huge knee brace since the last time I’ve seen him. Wearing much more of a normal knee pad today.

Reeves has been aggressive and looks to be moving pretty well. To me it appears he’s rounding into form from his injury.

He loses 8-4, but I still think he looks a lot better than earlier in the year which is a good sign.

Those knee braces that they wear from ACLs are extremely difficult to wrestle with. Worse when you wrestle someone who want to throw some, just puts you on your back to easily. Generally they sleeve then slide the brace on and then put the protective sleeve over that.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012

I agree. Thought he looked bouncy and moved well. He’s another guy that needs to grow into the weight.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
I haven’t seen him a much but against that Drexel kid he seemed to have a little funk. He gave up his legs a bunch though. Is he more upper body style? I don’t think he took a shot.
Probably right. The one takedown was a throw & 2 back points.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I agree. Thought he looked bouncy and moved well. He’s another guy that needs to grow into the weight.
I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. He still needs to grow into 125. He will continue to get better.
Put me on the list of guys disappointed in the starters sitting out of the scuffle. I'd rather some of the younger guys and back ups get matches in the upcoming dual meets against Utah Valley, Harvard, Campbell, SDSU, NDSU. Those are very weak dual teams. To make those the pinnacle of the second half is disappointing.

• Agree
Reactions: NEICyFan

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. He still needs to grow into 125. He will continue to get better.
Put me on the list of guys disappointed in the starters sitting out of the scuffle. I'd rather some of the younger guys and back ups get matches in the upcoming dual meets against Utah Valley, Harvard, Campbell, SDSU, NDSU. Those are very weak dual teams. To make those the pinnacle of the second half is disappointing.
I don’t think those duals are the pinnacle of the second half. There is an OSU dual and a UNI dual, plus I seem to remember some tournament around March that is kind of a big deal.