Sounds like Fred is done in Chicago

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't think we would want him anyway. While he was coaching at ISU, he said it was his dream job, and he could see finishing out his career here. And then he left. He could never come back and be as beloved as he was before.
One game-winning out-of-bounds play against Iowa or Kansas and a quick gaze into his dreamy blue eyes and we'd all be converted.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
He said he didnt enjoy the grind of recruiting. After the high living NBA lifestyle, I dont see him sitting in a top recruit's livingroom in the middle of nowhere.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He said he didnt enjoy the grind of recruiting. After the high living NBA lifestyle, I dont see him sitting in a top recruit's livingroom in the middle of nowhere.

If he comes back to college bball, does that mean ISU wins the break up since he made it up?

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he say he liked coaching but didn't care for recruiting in college? That's not why he left - he left for the cash but college coaches still have to recruit.

I have doubts about the NCAA cleaning up the sport unless the FBI forces it to but if the NCAA did in fact clean up recruiting with some serious penalties to those violating - did someone say Kansas - the rules then I wonder if college coaching might be more to Hoiberg's liking.

He wouldn't make NBA type money but with the nest egg he has he could probably buy half the farms in Story County and lease the land for a chunk of money. I doubt he coaches again at ISU because ISU has a coach but maybe in the future it could become an option.

Help Support Us

Become a patron